Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
14,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some people would remember that i wrote here if Nadal could not win the Roland Garros, i wouldn't be a user here anymore. That was before tournament when Djokovic got hyped.

And here i am STRIKING again. Nadal will win the US Open because he's kind of that player, you know. If he can't win, i am out of this forum.

Note: Please do not delete thread, mods. We can discuss why Rafa can or can't win US Open. So this is not pointless thread.

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
Well, given that he's one of the two guys that actually has a real chance to win it, I think you might be onto something...

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
please don't delete it. a remote chance of him keeping his word when rafa doesn't win is worth saving this thread.

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Based on what? He always sucked (for his standards) post Wimbledon when playing the entire season, don't see that changing in 2014

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Based on what? He always sucked (for his standards) post Wimbledon when playing the entire season, don't see that changing in 2014
why do you say that?

in 2005 he did great post Wimbledon winning Canada and Paris (if my memory is correct)

in 2010 and 2013 obviously he played the majority of the season and won the US Open both times

Nadal plays terribly in the fall typically, yes, but usually pretty decently in the American summer

·
Registered
821 Posts
Some people would remember that i wrote here if Nadal could not win the Roland Garros, i wouldn't be a user here anymore. That was before tournament when Djokovic got hyped.

And here i am STRIKING again. Nadal will win the US Open because he's kind of that player, you know. If he can't win, i am out of this forum.

Note: Please do not delete thread, mods. We can discuss why Rafa can or can't win US Open. So this is not pointless thread.
You don't have to quit based on players success/failure.
Even though I think Nadal has more chances...look at the competition..its so tough man.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
You're really trying your best to leave the forum aren't ya?

As the Japanese might say... Gambatte!

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
This is stupid. He has a chance sure. But last year he was by far the best player in the world entering the USO, he had won 3 of the 3 hard court master's he entered. 2010 he was the dominant player in the world. He has been slightly declined this year, anyone can see, competition is much stronger. I don't agree that it's just between him and Nole, and also Djokovic has been absolutely dominant on hard courts post USO, 80% chance you're gone.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Never understand those "if player X will do Y, i will do Z" honestly
Someone once said he will cut of his penis if player X does X.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts

Nooooo, noooo, noooo. You're in wet dream land, my friend. Go check your mattress, it's probably wet.

Don't be living amongst the clouds dude. Novak Djokovic is clearly, with anyone with a mind to understanding tennis, the best player on hard-courts currently on tour. He even could be seen as one of the best of the open era on the surface, may be only peak Federer would stand a fighting chance against him.

You are going to need a whole host of variables in your favour, the same familar way they went in your and Nadal's favour last year. You see Djokovic mentally evaporated in Flushing Meadows last season, missing umpteen break-points to go up double breaks and then had 0-40 chances at the end of the set, before failing to take them and getting broken at 5-4. The rest was history because he was too emotionally drained from all the chances he had missed and couldn't get over the fact he didn't win the set. Nadal had the momentum, Novak just had a disbelieving mind.

Rafa won't get that same mental collapse this year around. You see? Ontop of this Rafa went into the US American hard-court swing as the underdog, the player with nothing to lose and everything to gain, anything he was to achieve there on the hard-courts was being seen as a bonus to him, atleast that;'s the ethos him and Toni had decided on. The reason for this was the injury, they felt it was unrealistic to hope for anything major with being out injured for so long. That's why he was able to play so well.

This time around he's not really going to be the underdog (Forget the bookies, players don't check that rubbish) he will give himself an equal chance up against Djokovic.

Come out of planet coo-coo land. Wawrinka and Murray also have good chances of beating Nadal and then we've got Ferrer who's also beaten Nadal at the US Open. The courts are too fast here my friend. It's not going to happen, either retract your statement now, or pack your bags. :yeah:

On a sidenote: You did have me worried. It did feel like may be you were talking about slitting your wrist or some other sort of self-harm if Nadal doesn't lift the US Open, reading that title. Anyway I hope you stay a fan of Nadal even though he won't be winning this US Open.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Disagree. He has never defended a title off clay, never had back to back years winning multiple slams and besides at Rg, he has looked very weak this year. Barely won anything else than RG.

He looks to be a having a season similar to Roger's 2010.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
We won't see any Djokovic psychological melt-down as we've seen most recently before.

Joker's got that monkey off his shoulder you see, no longer is he this Michael Jackson of tennis.

No pressure, no losing tight matches in slam finals complex, no fear of not winning, no nothing.

Considering all those mental deficiencies are now in the past, how does a player who's not as good as him on hard-court stop him? They don;t. Djokovic additionally matches up beautifully against Nadal. Let's try and see Rafa break his backhand down on those fast US Open courts.

It will be back to only clay-domination for Nadal I'm afraid. He'll do well to stick onto his number 2 spot. :yeah: I know it's depressing, but talent wins through in the end, always.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
^Screw the bookies tbh, but they are right on this occasion. Especially after winning the Wimbledon crown. Huge for momentum, huge for belief and huge for easing the pressure.

Now he's around family, in his Serbian element and getting married. Life couldn't be better. He will come back re-energised and boom, obliterate the tour at will.

Bookies know shit and just follow their algorithm, which isn't always the most accurate. If punters bet on Nadal and not many on Djokovic, those odds will change, so it's not just the bookies setting these odds, it's the punters (The people that place the bets) too.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Yeah right. You're not going anywhere regardless of the result

1 - 20 of 100 Posts