Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 321 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Not Novak's fault, so if he wins the title, it will NOT be asterisked.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He can keep his 2.000 US OPEN points without play one ball...so he can Focus on clay.

Reactions: TennisFed

·
Your visions will happen
48,600 Posts
Well this is very interesting. USO seems hell bent on happening. Djokovic is ready to go to the ends of the Earth and through any virus or bacteria to get the slam record and his #1 weeks record

We will see if Rafa will play RG

·
Your visions will happen
48,600 Posts
He can keep his 2.000 US OPEN points without play one ball...so he can Focus on clay.
Yes that is another thing. Why play Cincy and USO back to back, destroy the body, then try to play clay? Best to focus entirely on clay, Rome and RG, and let that be that. He can keep his points. Even if Djoker wins USO, Rafa still has 19-18, and can focus entirely on RG

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Knowing Rafa, not really a surprise. He may not even play Roland Garros.

If that actually should happen, I promise I will never say a bad word about Nadal again and will become a fan. Not playing his favourite tournament for humanitarian reasons would be the ultimatve prove that for Nadal, it's more than just winning. The whole MTF would need to bow before this decision and cherish the thought of Nadal and Federer being both the GOATs at the same time.

I still think Nadal would sell his grandma for another French Open title, though. We will know soon enough.

·
Registered
13,801 Posts
Looks like only Medvedev and maybe Thiem can stop Djokovic in his quest for #18 now. Federer fans in true shambles at this news.

It honestly makes sense for Nadal, though. I would guess he thinks playing a hard court slam so soon before RG jeopardizes his chances there and given his history of knee issues that's hard to argue with.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yes that is another thing. Why play Cincy and USO back to back, destroy the body, then try to play clay? Best to focus entirely on clay, Rome and RG, and let that be that. He can keep his points. Even if Djoker wins USO, Rafa still has 19-18, and can focus entirely on RG
As things are going in Europe, the USO could be the last chance to play tennis this year.

·
Your visions will happen
48,600 Posts
As things are going in Europe, the USO could be the last chance to play tennis this year.
FFT seems pretty desperate, I dunno. They are still talking about a crowd haha

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
It is not a surprise, but after all, the US Open might well take place, and when I see all the risks that the French population is taking, I am really unsure RG will take place...

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
wow im actually surprised, guess being in form for RG is the absolute target, still I thought he'd contend this one

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Well done Rafa, good for you! A true representative of the sport.

Reactions: TennisFed
1 - 20 of 321 Posts