Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
|
14,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Rafa had a winning record over Djokovic at Wimbledon, then it would mean Rafa has a winning record over Djokovic at 3 of the 4 slams.
That's be pretty weird, considering Djokovic supposedly has a tactical match-up advantage over Rafa....
Whenever commentators talk about beating Rafa, they bring up Djokovic's backhand going hard into Rafa's forehand.
But Rafa was a 10-8 5th Set away from having a winning record over Djokovic at Wimbledon.
Bizarre.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
29-26, including 20-7 on a HC. Btw Novak retired injured from Wimbledon 2007 after winning the first set. So, Nadal doesn't even have a legit win over Novak at Wimbledon anyway.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
And if Nadal wasn't cowardly to play the USO and meet Novak there, Nadal would only be leading at 1 of the 4 slams.

·
Registered
14,366 Posts
And he won that shit. Dumb roof and day extra when Djokovic was tiring

·
Your visions will happen
47,413 Posts
Was a very important match in the history of not just their rivalry but the history of the game as a whole. Currently it is the only reason why Fed still has 20-19 lead

I'd mention AO 12 but that was repaid with RG 13

·
justice for all
13,489 Posts
Yeah, woulda. But didn't. Instead Djokovic has a Nadal slam in his pocket (beat him in all 4 majors) while Nadal doesn't have a Djokovic slam (Federer has), didn't beat him in Melbourne.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Djokovic won against Nadal at every GS.
Nadal didn't win against Djokovic at every GS.
Djokovic straight-setted Nadal at his best slam.
Nadal could never beat Djokovic at his best slam, and the beatdown he got at AO 2019 is worse than anything he did to Djokovic in Roland Garros.
Nadal's only victory against Djokovic at Wimbledon came via retirement, and Djokovic was winning when he was fresh.
Djokovic leads the H2H in slam encounters in grass and hard courts.

The only impressive victory Nadal has at slams against Djokovic is USO 2013, basically.

·
|
14,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not saying Djokovic is a failure, but for a player with the tactical advantage, he's failed miserably.
To only lead 2 of the 4 slam head-to-heads, and in such unconvincing fashion at Wimbledon.....how do we explain this?
It could even be said that Djokovic has the physical, mental and tactical edge.
I guess the only thing Djokovic lacks (relative to Rafa), is talent.

·
|
14,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
And yet the H2H since 2011 away from clay is 5-1 (four finals). How do you explain that?
That's funny, you are so desperate that you have to forget everything before 2011, and you have to remove an entire surface from Djokovic's career.
Not a good look.
Next you'll tell me Rafa is a one-trick pony, despite winning more US Opens than hardcourt legend (or myth?) Djokovic....

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Because 2011-2020 is when Novak started dominating tennis. I also removed clay to show that Nadal is a one-trick pony and is at Novak's mercy away from clay since 2011.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I said it before, this troll is a double agent designed to make Nadal look bad. Djokovic is No 1 of this Gen and Nadal No 2, even a rock on Mars would understand that. And then both trail Federer in the GOAT race.

·
|
14,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I said it before, this troll is a double agent designed to make Nadal look bad. Djokovic is No 1 of this Gen and Nadal No 2, even a rock on Mars would understand that. And then both trail Federer in the GOAT race.
Let's face it, when Rafa wins slam #20 or #21, you'll be on suicide watch.
No imaginary "goat" race will save you then....
Rafa will finish you, while I celebrate.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm not one to indulge in hypotheticals, but I'll just say that Nadal and Djokovic were never better together than the 2018 Wimbledon SF (I didn't watch the 2012 Australian Open F in its entirety due to work, so my apologies if any offense taken). Too many momentum shifts in this match to account for: Djokovic saving set points against and prevailing in the 3rd set tiebreak and heading into the night with a crucial 2-1 sets advantage, Rafa breaking Djokovic in the 4th set and Novak slamming his racquet into his shoe (at that moment, I knew "pissed off Novak" was back from his brief career blip lol), Nadal saving match point(s) and Djokovic holding from double break point down in the 5th, etc. There's a reason Wimbledon billed it the gentlemen's singles match of the decade (https://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/articles/2019-12-20/matches_of_the_decade_gentlemens_singles.html).

·
Banned
693 Posts
See, you did well for a while there - but couldn't properly close it... In parlance - you had 40:15 and two match points and you failed because you had no courage to face the challenge. Interestingly, you share that trait with a certain player who was pretty good during 2003-2007. Some say he was lucky, but I say lucky and good.
I'd say that you're right about Novak being #1, and probably about Rafa being #2, and I firmly believe Roger deserves #3 spot in the GOAT race.
That's how you close it.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts