Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Thanx for this footage. Seems like the wide angled kick serves get the most mileage for Nadal vs a returner like Novak while the Serb has a wide array of serves that r effective vs the Mallorcan on this surface which hopefully plays similar to USO20.

·
Registered
15,545 Posts
Though not an official ATP match, but it gave a good account what this matchup outside of clay looks like.
Djokovic still presents an insurmountable danger for Nadal, for which he does not have a solution.

Reactions: Tennis Library

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx for this footage. Seems like the wide angled kick serves get the most mileage for Nadal vs a returner like Novak while the Serb has a wide array of serves that r effective vs the Mallorcan on this surface which hopefully plays similar to USO20.
Thanks you feedback ;)

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Ever since Novak improved his serve by a lot, Nadal can rarely break Novak on a hard court. Nadal only broke Novak's serve twice during their last nine hard court matches and hasn't won a set 😮

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Why not post these in the official result thread? These are made for pretty much every ATP match you know

·
Your visions will happen
48,151 Posts
Nice little early season rewind. This match reminded us what we already knew. Djokovic owns Nadal on hard courts outside of Canada and USO. And Nadal put in enough of a performance for me to accept the loss as natural and look forward to other surfaces

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
Nice little early season rewind. This match reminded us what we already knew. Djokovic owns Nadal on hard courts outside of Canada and USO. And Nadal put in enough of a performance for me to accept the loss as natural and look forward to other surfaces
Would be interesting to see how Nadal handles Djoker in North America these days.

·
6,417 Posts
Geez I wish I had been their live in the crowd, what an atmosphere!!!
This was an emphatic victory by Nole, and showed he was very ready to win a record extending 8th AO title - which he dutifully did.

·
6,417 Posts
Well they have not played on the North American summer hard courts since 2013, where Nadal had his best season on hard courts.
So 7 years is a long time, and would be interesting to see how the new court/s plays. (it may be more like IW/ Miami now)

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
From what i’ve read, new USO Laykold surface plays much less like previous Decoturf high bouncing Clay conditions w/ more properties of former Plexicushion so hopefully we’re gonna see soon enough.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:love: :love: 👌 👌 (y) (y)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts