1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts

·
NAPRED NOLE
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The discussion has nothing to do with Djokovic as he does not have 10 or more majors (I hope eventually..) therefore, nice try but completely irrelevant.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
He has a really ineffective serve. I know he likes long rallies but, seriously, on a fast surface you would think he would learn the value of getting easy free points on the serve.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Yep. Weak serve, average backhand, bad return. All Dull has is defence and the ability to wait patiently for opponents UE. That and his gamesmanship.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Not even a question. 9 out of 14 is on single surface. When falling behind, just moonball, to either moonball to death or to wait for a choke. Unfortunately there is a much bigger chance for the 2nd situation to happen.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
he was engineered for clay so this one-dimensionality doesn't surprise. he managed to win few slams outside of clay due to his physicality, but that's a whole new topic.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
The discussion has nothing to do with Djokovic as he does not have 10 or more majors (I hope eventually..) therefore, nice try but completely irrelevant.
Djokovic will never have 10 or more majors. He is already 27 years old. The 11 plus slam winners of the open era already had 11 to 13 slams at Djokovic's age. Get real. Best case scenario he ends up with 8 or 9 slams tops. His career trajectory is more similar to that of Lendl's than the 11 plus slam winners of the open era.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Of course not :facepalm:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yes Rafa's game is so limited that he's made 11 non-clay slam finals, winning 5 of them....

Of course every one of those slam finals was due to luck, easy draws, choking by opponents, never due to Nadal himself....

He doesn't have a backhand, can't serve, can't return.....

Of course, he only has one of the greatest forehands in the game, but let's not mention that, nor the fact that he was a freakish mover, excellent net/overhead game and simply the best attitude on court as far as approaching the next point goes....

He's limited I guess....

1 - 20 of 91 Posts