Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Shame. Rafa skipping WTF would be understandable, yet I still hope he somehow plays it, I fancy his chances to capture this damn title this year but oh well. If I had to choose between WTF and another AO, I know what I'd choose.

Can Rafa return to no.1? Or no chance?

·
Registered
20,844 Posts
I think that shows how little he cares about it

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Cat & mouse games with Djokovic taking up a WC for Vienna.

Not fully convinced.He's admitted in the past he really wants to bag a YEC and with Federer out of it and Medvedev stinking up the joint and Stef maybe lame at the moment it's an ideal time to attend.

How freaking early does he want to go to Australia?... The YEC are in mid/late November.

There are good players in that lineup that can take Novak out in the semi's and he can jag it from there.

·
|
15,633 Posts

Not fully convinced.He's admitted in the past he really wants to bag a YEC and with Federer out of it and Medvedev stinking up the joint and Stef maybe lame at the moment it's an ideal time to attend.

How freaking early does he want to go to Australia?... The YEC are in mid/late November.

There are good players in that lineup that can take Novak out in the semi's and he can jag it from there.
And last year Nadal beat Medvedev and Tsitsipas at London.
Nadal was the only player to beat Tsitsipas.
Nadal wasn't even in-form, and still beat those guys.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
And last year Nadal beat Medvedev and Tsitsipas at London.
Nadal was the only player to beat Tsitsipas.
Nadal wasn't even in-form, and still beat those guys.

... Aaaaaaaand still didn't qualify for the semi finals... LOL!

·
Registered
345 Posts
I Hope He Plays Bercy and ATP Finals

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
A tournament he has never won coincidentally
LOL!!.. It's amazing how that works,huh

Like when I get a good chuckle at reading Nadal fans order of what tournament event is next in priority after slams and seeing the Year End Championships down very very very low on their lists.

Can't quite put my finger on it why? ;)

·
Registered
7,491 Posts
Shame. Rafa skipping WTF would be understandable, yet I still hope he somehow plays it, I fancy his chances to capture this damn title this year but oh well. If I had to choose between WTF and another AO, I know what I'd choose.

Can Rafa return to no.1? Or no chance?
I want him to get that title before his career ends.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I think he should play. He have a great chance at grabbing those titles. But if he don't it's understandable why he isn't. Those titles importance pale in comparsion of him winning another AO and getting the double career grand slam. If he win the AO next year he would pretty much have the GOAT debate locked up. Looks like he is going all in on that.

·
Your visions will happen
50,989 Posts
I think that shows how little he cares about it
Yep. Exho status confirmed

Just goes to show how low on the totem pole YEC is

Already talking about Australia

Even Fed skipped it for Davis Cup

1 - 20 of 106 Posts