Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
23,063 Posts
I guess he doesn't want to be said a vulture (although the field itself is actually very good for a 500 tournament draw IMO) on Clay and maybe wanted to prepare for Hard. That being said, it would be nice to have another Top 10 player there. 2 at least would make it fun IMO.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I guess he doesn't want to be said a vulture (although the field itself is actually very good for a 500 tournament draw IMO) on Clay and maybe wanted to prepare for Hard. That being said, it would nice to have another Top 10 player there. 2 at least would make it fun IMO.
You are absolutely right.
No point in playing a clay tournament...just to get the number 1 ranking...

Nadal should concentrate on slams only.

However he can opt for Washington...to ensure for his fans in and around DC and virginia.
Also it will help him not lose more points, in case if he doesn't perform well at cincy/montreal.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Good decision.

I'd love to seem him play as much as I can but he could take the rest of the year off and I wouldn't blame him. He's done more with #9 than I've expected and I couldn't ask for more. :D

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Great decision.

Pretty useless going to play a clay tournament right before defending 3 hard court ones.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
good choice imo yeah

·
Registered
683 Posts
Rafa always gets offered wildcards during this part of the season - I think usually it's Stuttgart. And he always declines so I doubt Hamburg were hopeful - can't blame them for trying though!

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
IF he would play here he would most likely win this, while he need to be fresh and ready for US hc summer, this year more than ever defending all 3 big events there, i also think Hamburg is not enough rich tournament to get him appearance fee at his level, but after all last year Roger played there and it must have been a lot of EUR

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
GOAT decision from the GOAT.

Looking at the bigger picture, would been a terrible decision. Tennis is mostly about slams and even masters are more important than temporary numbers and rankings. Plus he should be focusing on hard 100%, not clay.

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
could have been his last chance to win tourney in 2014

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Wise desecion.

·
Your visions will happen
47,138 Posts
Very smart. As someone said earlier, he is still partying in Ibiza with all the electronica going on there at the moment, useless to play Hamburg right now with the hard courts coming up soon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts