Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Banned
930 Posts
Where is Djokovic's 2011 + 2015 ? I mean that was two times a whole season ?

But Nadal's RG domination as the winner is nothing to argue against. Well deserved.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
This is objectively a massive disrespect to Novak.

·
Banned
930 Posts
This is objectively a massive disrespect to Novak.
Maybe ESPN's goal was just that.

After they saw how Djokovic dominated the fan voting on Eurosport as the greatest of them all, they did this. Not even included bim. But I mean it's okay. It is an American broadcaster, so I do not care.

·
Registered
17,831 Posts
Makes sense.

·
Registered
17,831 Posts
Kobe's LA Lakers?!?!?! What the fuck?!

Those were Shaq's Lakers! Bahaha

Zidane's Madrid? Bruh...

Where is Ronaldo's far more successful Madrid, the greatest Dynasty ever?

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Where is Djokovic's 2011 + 2015 ? I mean that was two times a whole season ?

But Nadal's RG domination as the winner is nothing to argue against. Well deserved.
They were looking at a player's domination at a particular event over a particular period (i.e., several consecutive number of years). Rafa at RG (2005-Present) and Federer at Wimbledon (2003-2007). Likewise, Bolt at Olympics and Phelps at Olympics.

Djokovic's comparable feat to Rafa's RG and Federer's Wimbledon would be his Australian Open exploits, but Djokovic has never won Australian Open more than 3 consecutive times.

In any case, Rafa's domination at RG is a no-brainer and beats everyone and everything, considering the longevity and the length and duration of grand slam tennis matches.

Maybe ESPN's goal was just that.

After they saw how Djokovic dominated the fan voting on Eurosport as the greatest of them all, they did this. Not even included bim. But I mean it's okay. It is an American broadcaster, so I do not care.
The selection and poll was done by ESPN India. Probably, the majority of voters were from India as well?

I hope Joker's fans would find solace from the below:

"The only two conditions were that the sporting accomplishment must have occurred within the last 20 years, and the team or individual in question must have dominated this said field for a period of time - more than a single season or calendar year or Olympics - as the undisputed best."

"For instance, while Bayern Munich were the unarguable kings of Europe in 2013, they were unable to sustain that level beyond a season. Similarly, Novak Djokovic, for all his incredible achievements, hasn't quite racked up a streak like the way Nadal did on clay, or Federer on grass."

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
ESPN confirms my ass. It was a fan vote :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Furthermore, it was only about his dominance at the French Open, not tennis overall.

Spreading fake news like a pro. Trump taught you well. Thread title is an insult and should be moved to the ruins.

If I were you, I would not argue too much that fan votes are relevant. Because we all know Federer is the most beloved sports person in the world and will win any voting against Nadal or Djokovic with ease.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Luckily for Nodal they didn't take level of clay opposition into account. Fedovic have won their Slams on surfaces that other players actually play on.

·
Registered
59,365 Posts
At the French Open? Yes
Tennis overall? Nah, both Federer and Djokovic were more dominant

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Career win-loss %s - Overall
Rafa - 83.2%
Djokovic - 83.0%
Federer - 82.1%

Grand slams win-loss %s
Rafa - 87.6%
Djokovic - 87.0%
Federer - 86.9%

Masters 1000s win-loss %s
Rafa - 82.9%
Djokovic - 81.8%
Federer - 77.9%

Out before they ask to remove the clay results and give the %s.

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
It's a fan thing, so a good way to stay connected with them, especially in these times.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
in terms of the French Open, unquestionably

1 - 20 of 72 Posts