Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rafael Nadal has blasted Roland Garros chiefs for the scheduling that saw him have the latest finish in tournament history.

“I think is little bit dangerous for the body play with these very heavy conditions,” Rafael Nadal told the press, but that’s what happened today.

“I really don’t know why they put five matches on the Chatrier today. That was a risk.”

“I saw immediately yesterday when they send me the schedule because there is a chance there is a couple of long matches.

“That’s what happened. Little bit unlucky, of course. For me, I just tried to be patient, accept everything, & be in a positive shape.”

“Of course, is not ideal finish, a match at 1:30 in the morning. But the problem is the weather. Is too cold to play. Honestly, is very, very cold to play tennis, no?

“I know football players plays under these conditions, but is little bit different. They are all the time moving.

“We stop, we come back, we stop on the changeovers. It is a sport that you are stopped in a lot of moments, no?”

Discuss.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Poor, unlucky Nadal. But of course he has to play the French Open, no? There is just no way he can withdraw, no? Of course there is a pandemic raging around the world, but the weather should still be hot, no? How about artificial sunlight to create the conditions Nadal suits best, no?

As a cherry on top, our humble little friend Nadal considers Schwartzman the favourite in the next round because the conditions suit him better. I'm no favourite, no?

Dear Nadal fans: please reconsider supporting this man. It's getting embarrassing.

·
Registered
910 Posts
“Of course, is not ideal finish, a match at 1:30 in the morning. But the problem is the weather. Is too cold to play. Honestly, is very, very cold to play tennis, no?

“I know football players plays under these conditions, but is little bit different. They are all the time moving.

“We stop, we come back, we stop on the changeovers. It is a sport that you are stopped in a lot of moments, no?”
Is this satire or he actually said that? with all the ",no?" stuff.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Nadal doesn't care that someone had to play the late slot he just cares that it was him. He's lucky he's had all his matches under cover with the bad weather. Can you imagine the complaining if he'd had to play a match in the rain like so many lower ranked peasants? Also is he insinuating that they should've put one of the matches on an outdoor court by saying this:

“I really don’t know why they put five matches on the Chatrier today. That was a risk.”
Surely he should've volunteered to delay his match until today to fix the overload of matches on Chatrier.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is this satire or he actually said that? with all the ",no?" stuff.
It's a 1:1 quote from the presser. I know it sounds like satire, but he actually said it. I could not believe it myself.

What an absolute hypocrite. I mean, Djokovic tried really hard to be the most unpopular player this year, but how can he top that?

·
Registered
19,613 Posts
It's a 1:1 quote from the presser. I know it sounds like satire, but he actually said it. I could not believe it myself.

What an absolute hypocrite. I mean, Djokovic tried really hard to be the most unpopular player this year, but how can he top that?
Nadal can always top Djokovic in that regard, what's new in it?

·
Registered
194 Posts

Rafa is absolutely right of course. It is ridiculous to start a match at 11pm, let alone in the cold, I've never seen anything like that. Had it gone to 5 sets they would have played until 4am, wreaking the player's sleep habits, etc. I can't believe you find any fault with his comments. What exactly are you taking issue with?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Nadal can always top Djokovic in that regard, what's new in it?
Words? What matter is actions, Djokovic and his team were the ones that suddenly left Chattrier 1-2 years ago, on their own will... without informing Dominic anything... Now that was insane... Words? Who care about them anyways,only if they can really promote and influence actions. And even though the claims of Nadal make sense, scheduling 5 matches in PC in the same day is simply nonsense..

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Nadal doesn't care that someone had to play the late slot he just cares that it was him. He's lucky he's had all his matches under cover with the bad weather. Can you imagine the complaining if he'd had to play a match in the rain like so many lower ranked peasants? Also is he insinuating that they should've put one of the matches on an outdoor court by saying this:

Surely he should've volunteered to delay his match until today to fix the overload of matches on Chatrier.
Tell me the last time someone did something 100% genuinely for somebody.. you still believe in Alice in wonderland..

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Can someone give me the avg. ranking of all the QFists. I bet Dull has by far the lowest ranked opponents thusfar. Complaining they don't make him move enough to keep warm...I mean that's a really good excuse!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
The entitlement here is off the scale. If he doesn't like it why not just pack his bags and fly home? Despicable behaviour! He should be grateful to be put on the court at any time, night or day. If he's cold he has the opportunity to wear more clothes or bring a hot water bottle on the court.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
poor Rafa

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Rafa is absolutely right of course. It is ridiculous to start a match at 11pm, let alone in the cold, I've never seen anything like that. Had it gone to 5 sets they would have played until 4am, wreaking the player's sleep habits, etc. I can't believe you find any fault with his comments. What exactly are you taking issue with?
That has happened many times at the Australian Open.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts