Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rafael Nadal: "ATP Tour Finals place is main goal, not more grand slam wins"

After falling to No.10 in the rankings, his next target is a place back in the top eight and at the O2 Arena in November. "That's my main goal," the 29-year-old said. "Winning grand slams or not, I have won enough in my career. Fourteen is enough."

"Right now, I am the No.10 in the world and I only played six months, with half of them being very bad. But I am sure that I'm going to keep trying."

"I have the motivation and I feel my mentality and my body are ready for it. Then, if I'm able to play the full season, I hope to finish in a good position on the rankings and then have the chance to start 2016 stronger."

Discuss.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Re: Rafael Nadal: "ATP Tour Finals place is main goal, not more grand slam wins"

Nadal attempting to fake out the competition

does not care about winning more slams? as if :rolleyes: although I know what Nadal means is that he doesn't expect to wins slams currently, he just wants to get himself back to a high level and then hopefully in 2016 fight for a slam.

sometimes his quotes are misrepresented

·
Registered
277 Posts
Re: Rafael Nadal: "ATP Tour Finals place is main goal, not more grand slam wins"

Is his last name Halep?

·
The Last Mohican
24,737 Posts

Nadal said:
"Winning grand slams or not, I have won enough in my career. Fourteen is enough."
Whatever gets you to sleep at night.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts

Actually the WTF is in some ways the biggest tournament. Win 4 or 5 times against the very best. Much harder than his grand slam draws.

·
Registered
5,674 Posts

Completely undermines the Baldito armys assertion that this tournament is meaningless :lol:

Reactions: barbadosan

·
Registered
10,559 Posts

·
Registered
3,640 Posts

there he said it ... Fedtards can rest easy.

Nadal is doing his best friend Fed a favor by not going after slams but more modest aims like winning wtf

·
Registered
3,038 Posts

It's always good have realistic aims. I wouldn't mind Dull vulturing few 250s here and there in remaining of his career.

·
Registered
10,079 Posts

Actually the WTF is in some ways the biggest tournament. Win 4 or 5 times against the very best. Much harder than his grand slam draws.
And that's why Dull has won exactly ZERO WTF title.

·
Registered
10,079 Posts

Completely undermines the Baldito armys assertion that this tournament is meaningless :lol:
Yup and now dulltards can never say Dull doesn't care about WTF.

:superlol:

·
Registered
6,885 Posts

He is saying that his main goal for the rest of this season is ending in the first 8 positions, not winning slams.

·
Registered
10,079 Posts

He is saying that his main goal for the rest of this season is ending in the first 8 positions, not winning slams.
And there is only one single exact advantage to be in the top 8 by the end of the season :

To get into WTF.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
I think it's a good approach. He knows his slam winning days are over so he focuses on the next best thing :yeah:

·
|
15,616 Posts

I think it's a good approach. He knows his slam winning days are over so he focuses on the next best thing :yeah:
He's focusing on making the World Tour Finals.
You know how you make the World Tour Finals, right? Win slams.
His aim is to win every match he plays for the rest of the season, so he can make the WTF.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts