Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RAFAEL NADAL believes people are right to say Roger Federer is the greatest tennis player of all time.

“When you hear people talking about Roger as the greatest of all time, do you ever sometimes just think, maybe people should be talking about me like that?” a journalist asked Nadal.

“I am the first one who says that,” Nadal answered.

“I don't have any feeling when I heard that from other people because I believe is 100 per cent fair that people say that because he is today, and will be very difficult to any player to improve his numbers.

“Always say the same: it is not fair to analyse the history of any player only for the Grand Slams.

“Everyone who is around this world knows that the tennis is not only the Grand Slams. There is a lot of things outside the Grand Slams.

“Roger has unbelievable records outside of Grand Slams. For sure, in Grand Slams, he the player who wins more.”

“I never saw play Rod Laver, but I know his history. He was away of playing the Grand Slams for a few years because he became professional,” Nadal added.

“He was able to win all four before and all four after. So today the question is not about me or Roger, will be more about Rod Laver or Roger.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/tennis/1032035/Rafael-Nadal-Roger-Federer-Tennis-News

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
And the debate continues. Is Federer the greatest? I don't know. I only know he is for me. But the margins at the top are so small between these guys that I base my opinion on something so subjective as playing style.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
And to the Ruins we go in 3...2...1...

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
We don't want replies like that. Can't you be a bit more arrogant or something?
I've been out of this place basically for two months. Give me some time to grow back into it. I'll start PC and then put my tard hat on:hatoff:

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
We don't want replies like that. Can't you be a bit more arrogant or something?
You finally learned! :banana:
The party pooper you quoted has always been hopeless, but you... I always knew you had it in you. :cheerleader:

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
I've been out of this place basically for two months. Give me some time to grow back into it. I'll start PC and then put my tard hat on:hatoff:
I'm glad to hear that. We Federer fans have a reputation to defend.

You finally learned! :banana:
The party pooper you quoted has always been hopeless, but you... I always knew you had it in you. :cheerleader:
Well, these are desperate times (and I've spent most of the last two months on this forum).

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Novak Djokovic has uplifted tenis to a higher level above Federer and Nadal. he has winning head to head records vs both Fed and Nadal. He has four years of youth to catch up to Roger's GS total which if he stays healthy he will likely do. Novak Djokovic will be the GOAT, he is the GOAT in waiting.

·
Registered
14,076 Posts
Novak Djokovic has uplifted tenis to a higher level above Federer and Nadal. he has winning head to head records vs both Fed and Nadal. He has four years of youth to catch up to Roger's GS total which if he stays healthy he will likely do. Novak Djokovic will be the GOAT, he is the GOAT in waiting.
won't even catch up to Rafa

·
Registered
15,229 Posts
Federer is the GOAT, always has been. There are some people who don't want to accept it because they're jealous of Feds talent. Too bad, it's their loss.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Quite ironic that successive defeats to Federer and Djokovic over the last 2 years have cost Nadal the chance of GOAThood, even though he has been No 1 for most of that time... a respectful answer nonetheless, well done Rafa.

Meanwhile his fangirls will be seeking medical assistance on hearing this.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I've been in this place basically 4 months and this is the 1,925,038,264th GOAT thread I've seen. :zzz:

·
Registered
15,229 Posts
I don't know if it's a translation error but at first he says Fed is the greatest because it's 100% fair given his achievements. Then at the end he says it's between Fed and Laver. So seems like to me he doesn't want to give his opinion or wants to leave it open incase he falls short of Fed's slam count so he can switch back to Laver. :lol:

What's really interesting is that he says it's between Fed and Laver. :lol: So essentially he believes what most sane tennis fans in general do, certainly not what his tards think. Fascinating interview.

·
10,272 Posts
HUMBLITO in full force.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts