Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
Re: Rafael Nadal against ATP: ´I don´t like the current ranking points system´

A ranking system where you don't earn points if you don't win matches? Imagine that... one can only sympathize with Nadal here.

·
Registered
22,446 Posts

Nadal has been saying this annually since 2009 or something, it's such a bad idea that even Matt01 doesn't want to defend it, so there isn't much to discuss.

In short: lock thread and ban OP.

·
Registered
20,819 Posts

I don't like this Whinedal, it is just getting pathetic by each passing year.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts

Nadal has basically done naff all for 11 months and is number 4 in the world. What more does he want :lol:.

·
Registered
8,446 Posts

Fans want to see me ranked No1, no?

All points on clay should count double, no?

·
Registered
9,429 Posts

I refuse to give that awful amateurish site any more clicks. Appalling.

Anyway, obvs a silly idea but the constant posting of articles on top players is getting a bit boring, especially when it's on something that's been discussed a hundred times before on here. It's just clickbait from the usual dregs.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts

Don't blame Nadal ... he is just quoting Uncle Tony here

·
Premium Member
8,608 Posts

Why is this guy always complaining? He is still number 4 despite winning only one 250 in the last year. Doesn't that make him happy?

Reactions: 17-6-302

·
Banned
6,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I refuse to give that awful amateurish site any more clicks. Appalling.

Anyway, obvs a silly idea but the constant posting of articles on top players is getting a bit boring, especially when it's on something that's been discussed a hundred times before on here. It's just clickbait from the usual dregs.
'Clickbait from the usual dregs' huh? Yes, this thread about a top player constantly whining about what is wrong with the ATP is far less relevant than those epic 'Who is more talented' threads.

Why don't you go play with your little friends on one of those while we adults discuss what is really relevant in the world of tennis.

·
Registered
821 Posts

ATP ranking system is the most flawed system in any sports.

It doesn't count opponents quality.

ATP doubled the points when Nadal was number one. (People say its a conspiracy led by a leading player to put more pressure on Nadal to defend)

·
Registered
2,380 Posts

He can't possibly be arguing that he is playing top 5 level tennis right now, can he?
EDIT: He actually might be, tennis is in a pretty low state. (without taking anything away from the top player(s))

I'm not even sure what he's saying in the last paragraph, seems to be about like 3 different topics (court speed, time between points and 3/5 set matches? I guess they all influence speed of play, not sure if bad english or horrible quoting.)

Anyways, this site is spewing up some horrific, sensationalist articles with little coherence or explanation.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts

If it were up to Nadal, Sampras would still be top 10 even though he hasn't played a single pro match in years.

·
Registered
358 Posts

Nadal as bad as his fans. Claiming he didn't play for 6 mos. when it was only 3 mos. at most. I love how Nadal pretends he didn't play 3 tournaments last October.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts

Of course Nadal is upset about the rankings. He could be close to dropping out of the top 10 if he can't reach finals in his next three tournaments (see the article in my sig which discussed exactly that just a few days ago).

·
The Last Mohican
24,737 Posts

Such a boring whiner. :zzz:

·
Registered
9,429 Posts

'Clickbait from the usual dregs' huh? Yes, this thread about a top player constantly whining about what is wrong with the ATP is far less relevant than those epic 'Who is more talented' threads.

Why don't you go play with your little friends on one of those while we adults discuss what is really relevant in the world of tennis.
Good thing I don't care about those abysmal threads either. No surprise that you've embarrassed yourself by completely missing the point as usual. Read Chris Kuerten's post if you're still struggling to comprehend, which is fairly likely.

·
Banned
6,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Good thing I don't care about those abysmal threads either. No surprise that you've embarrassed yourself by completely missing the point as usual. Read Chris Kuerten's post if you're still struggling to comprehend, which is fairly likely.
I didn't miss your point. I just think it was utterly irrelevant. Who is Chris Kuerten?

·
Registered
22,446 Posts

I didn't miss your point. I just think it was utterly irrelevant. Who is Chris Kuerten?
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves Federer and practices falsehood. I, Chris Kuerten, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts