Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
4381 - 4394 of 4394 Posts

·
Come on, Ernest!
17,055 Posts
Re: The Clay Court Clowns Chat Thread

:yippee: Yay you. Do you not like to watch in Russian because you don't speak it or because you boycott it? I would have thought you would speak Russian. :worship: to you and your language abilities.
The main reason I don't like to watch those channels in Russian is because I don't like voice-overs. It's just one person saying everything and not in an exciting voice. Very boring. And some details may be lost in translation. I know Russian rather well, well enough to watch TV but I have some problems speaking it because I've had very little practice in it for the last 10 years. As a matter of fact, the guy who came to set it up yesterday was Russian and I had to communicate with him in Russian. It was difficult for me.

There may also be some truth to the boycotting thing you suggested. I don't like the language very much, and that's probably related to historical and political reasons.

btw, I watched the bike video! SO adorable. And the one boy running all the time beside his bike. :lol: I didn't understand anything except mama and daddee -- which I was surprised wasn't papa. Anyway, just the sound of it reminded me of swedish.
He said mama when I asked him who would be riding his bike if he wasn't going to do it :lol: And the daddee sound was actually "tēti" :) I don't think Latvian is at all similar to Swedish, the sound of it is more similar to Finnish.

·
Registered
19,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,382 ·

I am trying to picture Rafa jumping up and down in the locker room, mouthing the lyrics: "In sleep he sang to me, In dreams he came, That voice that calls to me and speaks my name, And do I dream again for now I find, The Phantom of the Opera is there, Inside my mind" :lol:
:haha: :haha: how did i miss this the first time around :rolls: great find scoobsy :hug:

where is scoobsy? :awww:

·
Registered
30,480 Posts

i couldn't resist :angel:

:rolls:

WG :hug:

Good morning everyone.

Yes, the earthquake news is dreadful all the way around. Over 200 people dead now. :sad:

I have to say, earthquakes scare me a lot. I wouldn't like to live near a fault line. :scared:
:bigcry: I miss Boston :sobbing:

so is PD going to be a regular poster then? :lol:

This is the best chat thread ever. :rolls:
Once you start posting in here it's difficult to stop :shrug:

Metis! :wavey:

One Estonian student was studying in n L'Aquila. The house where she lived crashed but she got out alive.
It must have been a terrible experience. Many of the students who flew back were still in shock when they met their families at the airport.

Maria did you ever tell us how the opera was? You saw 'Un Ballo in Maschera' no? :hearts:

everyone who didn't make the hater list and isn't happy with the "et al" position - either make your hating memorable or become fangirls :D
:ras: I think I'll go with option 1 :p

·
Registered
19,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,384 ·

yep. Back home to 3 inches of snow. :rolleyes:
yuck :(

did you watch house last night? can you believe the way they did it?

though we can't really discuss it because evita doesn't want to be spoiled. but i was shocked.

and also very relieved.

I made the semi-haters list :rocker2: Altough I think Wilde was rather mild with her doubles partner me :inlove:
but of course :inlove:

·
Registered
14,747 Posts

yuck :(

though we can't really discuss it because evita doesn't want to be spoiled. but i was shocked.

and also very relieved.

but of course :inlove:
I didn't watch it yet, so don't tell me. :lol: We rented Twilight and watched that instead, but my TiVo recorded it, so I'll watch it later today most likely.

·
Come on, Ernest!
17,055 Posts

Pablin is getting gammed, NID.
I picked Ouanna for TT :awww: :p

Hema you're the first MTFer that I've dreamt about. :lol: It was a couple of nights ago actually, though I didn't actually 'see' you in the dream. I was walking leisurely by the sea and suddenly decided to give you a call. You answered the phone and were really thrilled when you found out who it was. :D At that moment I realized I didn't know your number and we were both amazed by the improbability of the situation. :rolls:
:haha: :haha:

and also very relieved.
:hug:

4381 - 4394 of 4394 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.