Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rafa gave Roger a beatdown at the French 2008 final, he beat him the same year in Roger's home turf of Wimbledon after 3 tries.
Rafa gave Novak a beatdown at the French 2020 final... AO 2021 is coming next, it could be their 3rd AO final encounter.. will the pattern be the same?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
No.
No one will beat good Novak at AO.. maybe Thiem, but Rafa dont have the game to beat him at AO, at USO maybe.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
After today's beat down may be. May be he had broken Djokovic's confidence and this will play a part (if they face each other off course)

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
It's a real possibility if they meet in the final. The only problem is that Nadal could lose well before the final. A lot more players can beat him at the OZ open.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Bold prediction - this isn't a bold prediction

·
Registered
441 Posts
No, just no. The dynamics in the match up shift a 180 degrees at AO. The match is definitely more on Novak's racquet there.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, just no. The dynamics in the match up shift a 180 degrees at AO. The match is definitely more on Novak's racquet there.
That's why I said it's a bold prediction :p
I am expecting another spanking of Rafa by Novak come Melbourne next year.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
so 2021 going to be 'Rafa's 2017' (the year when Fed solved the Rafa problem)

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Aaaah,you just gotta love that recency bias that these little kids of social mediaville these days suffer from when they come to their latest musings.

Nadal,who feasts on the French Open year after year after year after year is going to do X,Y,Z at the Australian Open because of this one match where the won the final again.

Yawn!

Djokovic's finals record at the French Open: 1 win,4 Runner Ups
Nadal finals record at the Australian Open: 1 win,4 Runner Ups.

Bold Prediction: Nadal will still be 'bald' in Australia in 2021.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Novak is 19-0 in SETS on hardcourts since 2013 vs Rafa. I really doubt Nadal ever beats Novak again on a hard court.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts