Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vamos!

:rocker2:

The best part of the match was, as always, Nadal's shirt change. :inlove: :hearts:

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just copying Maria's pics from Rafa forum ...

Spain's Rafael Nadal, left, walk on to the court during an invitational exhibition match against France's Richard Gasquet at Shah Alam Stadium, on the outskirt of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Tuesday, Nov. 20, 2007.
(AP Photo/Vincent Thian)

Spain's Rafael Nadal, left, poses with Richard Gasquet of France after an invitational exhibition match at Shah Alam Stadium, on the outskirt of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Tuesday, Nov. 20, 2007.
(AP Photo/Vincent Thian)

Spain's Rafael Nadal serves against Richard Gasquet of France during an invitational exhibition match at Shah Alam Stadium, on the outskirt of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Tuesday, Nov. 20, 2007.

Spain's Rafael Nadal, returns a shot shot against Richard Gasquet of France during an invitational exhibition match at Shah Alam Stadium, on the outskirt of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Tuesday, Nov. 20, 2007.

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hours I waited until I got bored and posted this thread. And seconds later someone else finally posts a thread!?

Typical.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
*yawn* this is even more boring then the hit and giggle-fest over in Korea.

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
An article with quotes:

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/ap/20071120/tsp-as-spt-ten-nadal-gasquet-1st-ld-writ-6e81073.html

By DAN GUEN CHIN,Associated Press Writer AP - Wednesday, November 21SHAH ALAM, Malaysia

World No. 2 Rafael Nadal clinched his second victory against Richard Gasquet this month, beating the Frenchman 3-6, 6-2, 6-3 in an exhibition match Wednesday that signaled the start of their year-end break.

The two tennis stars faced off in a showpiece match in front of some 5,000 spectators at Malaysia's Malawati Stadium, little more than a week after Nadal beat Gasquet 3-6, 6-3, 6-4 in Shanghai at the Masters Cup, the season-ending tournament for the top eight men's singles players.

Nadal's ferocious groundstrokes mixed with a little subtlety when necessary gave the Spaniard his fifth victory over Gasquet in as many meetings.

"I know I must keep improving and keep working at my game. After all, I am ranked No. 8 in the world and Nadal is at No. 2. But I am happy at my progress over the past 10 months or so," Gasquet said.

It began promisingly for Gasquet, as he delivered wonderful backhand shots in the first set that had Nadal pinned at the corners.

But the second set was Nadal's show, with his forehand shots blazing across the courts. He cruised home in the third set by breaking Gasquet's serve twice.

"I won the first game and thought I had a chance in the second. I tried to be aggressive but I failed," Gasquet said.

Nadal said the triumph helped boost his mood for the holiday season.

"I recovered, stuck to my game plan and I won, which is important for me because I want to end the season on a happy note," Nadal said. "But the most important thing is that both of us gave our best to the fans."

Nadal downplayed any regret about failing to end the season at No. 1.

"Being No. 1 is not everything. I had the chance if I had beaten (Roger) Federer in the Wimbledon final. But then I won the French Open which is important for me, and I am still working hard at my game," Nadal said. "Looking back over my performances I have to be happy."

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
You know, I wish there was a nice invitational tournament around this time of year.

Aside from DC we're getting no tennis, but why not organize a time 8-man event, an exo but for big money, and get some of the big names to come? There used to be tons of these in the past.

The Federer-Sampras stuff is UTTERLY BORING.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
An article with quotes:
It surprises me to see that this article/interview is written as if it concerns a serious match... come on, it's only an exho! :confused:

I hope both the guys have had a bit of fun during that 'match'...

·
Ace Loveforty
83,415 Posts
You know, I wish there was a nice invitational tournament around this time of year.

Aside from DC we're getting no tennis, but why not organize a time 8-man event, an exo but for big money, and get some of the big names to come? There used to be tons of these in the past.

The Federer-Sampras stuff is UTTERLY BORING.
there's the KIA tournament in 4 days where our Xristos is participating :shrug:

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It surprises me to see that this article/interview is written as if it concerns a serious match... come on, it's only an exho! :confused:

I hope both the guys have had a bit of fun during that 'match'...
They did. They were laughing and having fun. Rafa even managed two "through the legs" winners. The crowd gave the biggest cheer for Rafa changing his shirt :haha: There was very little ass tugging from Rafa, a sure sign he wasn't fully concentrating and giving 100%. ;)

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
They did. They were laughing and having fun. Rafa even managed two "through the legs" winners. The crowd gave the biggest cheer for Rafa changing his shirt :haha: There was very little ass tugging from Rafa, a sure sign he wasn't fully concentrating and giving 100%. ;)
Nice... :yeah: Obviously the Malaysian chap that wrote that 'article' didn't really get it, LOL.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Oh feeling all alone because there's never actually anybody in his forum :hug:
Wrong. Last night there was a very interesting discussion going on in there about... poker :p :p :p :angel:

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh feeling all alone because there's never actually anybody in his forum :hug:

:nerner: I can't help it if most Rafa fans find MTF too hostile a place to post. :sad: I don't know what you're talking about anyway. Rafa's forum has been positively jumping recently.

Comparatively speaking :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,868 Posts
Is there video of this?

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
So was Richie giggling alot?

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
blackgirltennis: I got news for you Andy hasn't been #1 for 4 years...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts