1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,034 Posts
Title doesn't make sense

·
Registered
268 Posts

“He was seen training on grass in Mallorca on Thursday, 11 days before the first day’s play at SW19, to give fans hope that he is still on track to play the third grand slam tournament of the year, and has scheduled a press conference for Friday where he is expected to confirm his participation in Wimbledon.”

·
Premium Member
10,795 Posts
Why does he need to hold a press conference to announce his decision regarding his participation at Wimbledon? Can’t he just release a statement on Twitter?

·
Registered
Novak
3,093 Posts
Such a drama queen.

Reactions: sav001 and maddogz

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Why does he need to hold a press conference to announce his decision regarding his participation at Wimbledon? Can’t he just release a statement on Twitter?
Such a drama queen.
See, if you guys were ATP players then Nadal would have already beaten you before you even stepped on the court because you are letting stuff like this rattle you. :wavey: You are not strong enough mentally to even handle a press conference or a few comments about an injury. :hug:

·
Registered
7,341 Posts
He is the most popular athlete in Spain and one of the popular athletes in the world. Don't you think public would like to know how he is doing health-wise, how his foot is doing after the RFA treatment he had undergone recently, and his plans to play Wimbledon or not?

When the public are interested about him, he also gives business to newspapers and internet media. He is a public figure. He sells news and newspapers.

·
Registered
Nadal but only the player not the person
2,406 Posts
Wish you luck for the last two slams you will play (WB 22, USO 22), hope you can get #23 champ!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hopefully this press conference is a good thing since i would not expect a player to hold a press conference about his participation but much more the opposite. As a Rafa Fan i would be much more relaxed if he just said via social media that he is fit enough to play Wimbledon...

·
Registered
268 Posts
I’m not sure why he’d be actively and publicly practicing on grass if he wasn’t healthy and intending to play.

I agree that it’s likely he will address the pregnancy rumors as well as discuss the treatment of the foot. I hope it’s good news about being able to train freely and he isn’t announcing his final tournaments.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts