Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the eve of Wimbledon, the multiple Wimbledon champion proclaimed: "I am able to move more freely now, I'm not scared about my knee."

“At last I am confident that I can play a lot of matches on grass. Before, I was not. It’s the best I have felt for two years.”

After winning the French Open for the ninth time, Nadal took the kind of rest his body so badly needed.

“I was able to go to the beach, party with friends,and do some extra work in the gym. It meant I could come to Wimbledon last Wednesday and prepare immediately.

“I have practised more than usual, and that’s been very positive because it showed I was OK physically.

“On grass you don’t get weeks of preparation, so you can’t always understand how you’re playing. But I feel things are good now."

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/tennis/483994/I-m-fitter-than-I-ve-been-for-years-says-Rafael-Nadal-on-eve-of-Wimbledon

Be prepared for the magic number #3, haters! :devil::devil::devil:

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Wow few days ago he was complaining about back pain and today he's healthy. :haha:

What's next after Roast in early rounds? I don't count Loss since I was totally injured. :lol:

Just shows how much faker this guy is. and his fans shouldn't embarrass themselves by defending this GodFaker.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
^^ No chance injuries can caught him in warmups, slicing bread, or even flushing toilet .. :lol:

At least knee excuse is ended now, but don't expect from Nadal to accept defeat fair and square. I think he may be thinking he can win this year with Rogie in his draw.

·
Registered
14,499 Posts
Though he should feel his back and his tendons in many body parts, it seems.
Or he showed it many times this year, no need to look at his interviews, it was enough to watch those matches. :D

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
On the eve of Wimbledon, the multiple Wimbledon champion proclaimed: "I am able to move more freely now, I'm not scared about my knee."

“At last I am confident that I can play a lot of matches on grass. Before, I was not. It’s the best I have felt for two years.”

After winning the French Open for the ninth time, Nadal took the kind of rest his body so badly needed.

“I was able to go to the beach, party with friends,and do some extra work in the gym. It meant I could come to Wimbledon last Wednesday and prepare immediately.

“I have practised more than usual, and that’s been very positive because it showed I was OK physically.

“On grass you don’t get weeks of preparation, so you can’t always understand how you’re playing. But I feel things are good now."

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/tennis/483994/I-m-fitter-than-I-ve-been-for-years-says-Rafael-Nadal-on-eve-of-Wimbledon

Be prepared for the magic number #3, haters! :devil::devil::devil:
3rd straight 1st week exit?

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
3rd straight 1st week exit?
Nadal is a great grass court player, people on this forum are retarded and seriously think that someone who has expelled as much energy as he usually does in the spring and at RG should magically be 100% for the next event on a different surface

we don't have the room for comparison (of Djokovic, Murray, etc.) but you can be sure if they won RG they would probably struggle to play well at Wimbledon too

beyond just the physical nature of it players who win big events can struggle to reset their brain mentally for the next huge event especially when it is only 2 weeks after, add to that the difficulty of adjusting to surface speeds and changing strategy = a very dangerous recipe

I love all of these naysayers who only play on one surface recreationally and pretend they have a clue how easy or difficult it is too adjust a players game

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Nadal is a great grass court player, people on this forum are retarded and seriously think that someone who has expelled as much energy as he usually does in the spring and at RG should magically be 100% for the next event on a different surface

we don't have the room for comparison (of Djokovic, Murray, etc.) but you can be sure if they won RG they would probably struggle to play well at Wimbledon too

beyond just the physical nature of it players who win big events can struggle to reset their brain mentally for the next huge event especially when it is only 2 weeks after, add to that the difficulty of adjusting to surface speeds and changing strategy = a very dangerous recipe

I love all of these naysayers who only play on one surface recreationally and pretend they have a clue how easy or difficult it is too adjust a players game
Federer 2009 cannot be found?

·
Registered
972 Posts
C'mon Wimbledon number 3 and slam number 15.

Greatness beckons Rafa, please win and send MTF into an apocalyptic implosion.

The tears will be so beautiful.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
He said that before the Rosol match so... He will change his mind if he loses as per usual.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
WTF?
In the FO-final he cramped at the end of set 4
At Halle he looked so tired and empty and now such a statement. :confused:

mind games or Fuentes deliverd him with a fresh blood ampulla

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
This is very good news. Let's hope all the top players are healthy and we get to see some great matches in the final rounds.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
The news by OP and the link is not the same exactly.

Beaten in the first week for the last two years, Nadal has steadfastly refused to blame his physical well-being.

He says: “I am able to move more freely now. I’m not scared about my knee.

“On grass you don’t get weeks of preparation, so you can’t always understand how you’re playing. But I feel things are good now.’Nadal, who opens against Martin Klizan of Slovakia, added: “Everybody remembers the winner, and the victories. Nobody remembers the loses."
He can answer as much as he is asked. Sometimes does not make much sense. But it was alright this time.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
well being fit doesnt mean you cant get injured...

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Oh please. Do people really believe the whole knee thing after what happened last year? Hilarious.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts