Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quite interesting interview on CBS 60min. Talks about his career, his rivalry with Federer (Djoko not mentioned LoL), his beginnings, his proposal to Xisca, shows his academy and his home (outside), explains his rituals, etc. Toni and Moya also take part.

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some quotes:

"Sometimes when I'm in the first round or second round, and I'm not playing well, I say, okay, just accept it. Don't get frustrated. Just accept and focus."

"If I do always the same things, it means that I am focused and I'm alert to think purely about tennis."

"There are many other things in life that are more important than a game, than a match."

"I am not worried about retirement."

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
Nice. Now go beat Federer when you face him on hard and grass, next time.

People flock to stadiums and turn on their TVs to watch great tennis and tennis rivalries between great players. Don't let "human relations" come in the way of that.

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rivalry with Djokovic is great but clearly with Federer feels more special and iconic. And I’m pretty sure Federer and Nadal feel the same, that their rivalry with each other is more special than their rivalry with Djokovic.

With that said, Nadal definitely hates to lose to Djokovic. This tweet is everything
I think Rafa does hate to lose to Nole but that tweet doesn't prove anything, stop spamming it LoL .. he was very pissed off by crowd and Nole was thanking them.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
makes sense he won't be too keen to talk about nole when he suffered quite a painfull loss recently on HC, extending the consecutive sets lost to 20, and trails in the H2H.
he's still a great champion and fierce fighter tho.

·
Registered
289 Posts
This tweet is exactly how I feel hahaha. I've learned to love Roger and even though I'd like Rafa to end up with more slams, I wish Roger wins other ones and I'll be really sad the day he calls it a career. But Nole though. I respect him like crazy and before 2017, I thought he was already greater than Rafa(not today though), but I never got around to like the guy on court a bit lol. Amazing player anyhow.
2011 must've left some big scars

The rivalry with Djokovic is great but clearly with Federer feels more special and iconic. And I’m pretty sure Federer and Nadal feel the same, that their rivalry with each other is more special than their rivalry with Djokovic.

With that said, Nadal definitely hates to lose to Djokovic. This tweet is everything

·
Registered
7,446 Posts
That interview on 60 minutes was great. I think Wertheim really loves Rafa--you can see the ease between them--and i couldn't help but notice he referred to Rafa as "arguably the greatest of all time." I've heard several commies do this lately. It's new. It's about f-ing time.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Rafa could be the ultimate greatest champion in the history of sport

Reactions: Bakano

·
22,241 Posts
I think Rafa does hate to lose to Nole but that tweet doesn't prove anything, stop spamming it LoL .. he was very pissed off by crowd and Nole was thanking them.
jeez you can’t take a joke. I only posted it twice not exactly spamming lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts