Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://deportes.elpais.com/deportes/2012/02/15/actualidad/1329311344_763830.html

Here is the link it is in spanish, somebody who is spanish speaking could you pls translate exactly just those words about best of 3 format and big servers?

En hierba, jugando al mejor de tres sets, con el mínimo error estás fuera. Al mejor de cinco, vale. Al mejor de tres, jugando con la tensión al máximo todos los puntos, te vas fuera muy fácil. Más que cerrar opciones, las abre para la mayoría. Un Karlovic al mejor de tres no se cansa, un Isner, un Raonic…en otras condiciones diferentes tendrían menos opciones, aunque sean grandes jugadores. Es una gran oportunidad para ellos. Para los favoritos puede ser un problema.
I know that Rafa was speaking about best of 3 format on grass favours those guys, i think he is already scared-aware of fact that he can play his best and still he can loose in 2-3tie-breaks - we don´t know how will grass be at Olympics if it will be after Wimby good enough, maybe it will be even quicker than usually, but for sure best of 3 and new grass it should be at least as fast as Wimby 1st week - with best of 3 format besides final of course, Rafa know that besides Nole there are other guys who can take him down even if he play his best tennis there.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Isner and Karlovic aren't actually that great on grass. They are actually too tall, and the lower bounce causes them problems. They prefer higher bouncing surfaces (particularly Isner, Ivo's slice does become more effective).

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Rafa flying under the radar :rocker2:

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
Everyone can make upsets in 3 set matches. :shrug:
+1, and probably more on grass.

Besides, grass is Isner's worst surface imo, I mean when the bounce is really low.

It's different for Karlovic who doesn't have Isner's baseline game but has a better volley and a good slice.

Raonic I don't know, I think he's not fond of the low bounce either, and anyway can upset anyone in best-of-3-sets on hardcourts.

·
Registered
22,640 Posts
last time I checked olympics isn't run by the ATP

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
let's hope Novak takes out Nadal

·
Registered
874 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
This x1000 and don't forget that he doesn't break racquets either even when he loses to Gaston Gaudio: http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/ticker.aspx?articleid=15429&zoneid=6
Nice little article there.

Can't see what is wrong with Rafas comment here. I don't like him either, but not everything he says has to be bashed. Rafa sometimes struggles with big servers and will not like to see these names close to his on any draw.

I don't think there will be a tiebreak in the third set though.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
we are probably going to see another Nole vs. Raf final as long as they are healthy. I highly doubt that anyone will upset them.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I'm sure Nadal won't defend here. He never has defended a title outside clay.

Either Federer, Murray or Djokovic will win Olympic gold.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts