Mens Tennis Forums banner

coach

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As much as it is physical, this is not the 2010 version of him pushing Soderling, Murray, and Berdych around. Not sure what he can do about that though, from all the setbacks he's had. It's also clearly mental. Getting a different perspective from somebody who knows what they're talking about, it wouldn't hurt him. You have to get the right person, obviously. Can't get somebody like Navratilova, it's not about titles obviously a lot of these commentators are completely clueless. Call Moya, Borg, Henin even.

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
Lendl?

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Unless he discovers Obelix' magic formula he's done. His game revolves around stamina and power. His shotmaking talent is limited to top 50.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Uncle Toni is his biggest advantage. Without him cheating the Tennis politics, Nadal is nothing, I don't think changing coaches is a good idea.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
it might not be a bad idea to get a fresh voice but i doubt he will ever do it..i doubt toni would ever allow it. and even so i doubt anyone would even want to as long as toni was around

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rafael Nadal is still suffering from his appendicitis. You gotta know what the illness is to know its consequences. However, he needs a new perspective, a consultant coach who can clearly bug him out and restore his physical and mental toughness. Besides Borg, I think Fabrice Santoro could improve his game as both are ambidextrous.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Nope. Rafa is an old dog. He can't learn new tricks. No coach can help him. He didn't lose to Brown because he played bad. Brown is just in a different class on grass. Simple as that. Tough luck for Rafa

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nope. Rafa is an old dog. He can't learn new tricks.
It's not about teaching him new tricks, he's 29 years old been winning slams for a decade. It be more than anything just about motivation. At this point, as long as it wasn't bad tactics, Navratilova with Radwanska, it definitely would not hurt him.

·
Registered
22,570 Posts
Gala Leon is available.

·
Premium Member
29,538 Posts
Rafael Nadal is still suffering from his appendicitis. You gotta know what the illness is to know its consequences. However, he needs a new perspective, a consultant coach who can clearly bug him out and restore his physical and mental toughness. Besides Borg, I think Fabrice Santoro could improve his game as both are ambidextrous.
Hahaha two questions: 1) Who are you, and 2) What the fuck are you talking about? The inflammation in his appendix had already subsided at the end of October, and then AFAIK he had a (prophylactic) laparoscopic appendectomy in November that went well. "Still suffering"? Dear god. Learn something about medicine before talking crap like this please.

Also, please don't talk about Borg as his coach. Urgh.

·
Registered
22,570 Posts
Hahaha two questions: 1) Who are you, and 2) What the fuck are you talking about? The inflammation in his appendix had already subsided at the end of October, and then AFAIK he had a (prophylactic) laparoscopic appendectomy in November that went well. "Still suffering"? Dear god. Learn something about medicine before talking crap like this please.

Also, please don't talk about Borg as his coach. Urgh.
I'm still suffering mentally from a cold that I had three years ago, you should be more considerate.

·
Your visions will happen
51,334 Posts
John McEnroe, who is Rafa's biggest fan in the media, can teach him to serve and volley. He will be very good, especially to spare his body as he ages

1 - 20 of 27 Posts