1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
923 Posts
Rafael "Rafa Connors" Nadal Parera

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
i had Grigor's ex racquet (the white and red Wilson)in my hand and it has nothing to do with the market same paintjob racquets.

First of all it's 375gr (strung), the balance is completely different, the pattern was like 16x15 or smth weird like that, it had somekind of leather pieces where the cord goes through the frame on the lower side (against vibrations) and it is nothing like in the shop.

A friend played with it and changed it in the second change of fields, coz it's just too heavy. Ball goes by itself, but you need much strength to maneauvre this weapon. Especially at serve and return, it could kill your joints if you're not trained for it.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
As people have mentioned, this is only a new paint job. In fact most of the top players' racquets you can't even purchase because the ones that are sold to consumers are approximations. Pros have molded grips to their specific hands and the weight/balance is built-in during the manufacturing process while the rest of us are fiddling around with lead tape.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
anyone thinks this is, maybe, just a paintjob?

·
|
15,012 Posts
Has Nadal still got the computer inside his racquet?
I know that is supposed to not impact the weight of the racquet but it may have a psychological impact (being aware that your game is being monitored).

·
Banned
1,385 Posts
Has Nadal still got the computer inside his racquet?
I know that is supposed to not impact the weight of the racquet but it may have a psychological impact (being aware that your game is being monitored).
He's never had that rubbish in his playing racquet. For the commercials, sure, but to play he still uses his custom 2003 pro drive just painted accordingly to babolats current model.

·
Registered
33,357 Posts
He's never had that rubbish in his playing racquet. For the commercials, sure, but to play he still uses his custom 2003 pro drive just painted accordingly to babolats current model.
No he actually has had it in his racket, I've seen him turning it on after changeovers. Mayeb not the exact one but deff using the technology.

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
For sure Racket technology makes another progress, haters will be in denial as always. I remember some of you made the same comment about Federer's racket, nothing more than a paintjob they said...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts