Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a very overlooked statistic in relation to Rafa's achievements. He has won a grand slam and a masters for ten consecutive years and counting. This is a remarkable achievement. People often state that Rafa's style of play is taxing on his body and that he will burn out quicker than his cohorts yet the closest Federer ever came to this type of consistency is by winning a slam for 8 years. This is a very incredible piece of statistics as Rafa's style of play and his will to win has allowed him to win a slam and masters for 10 years plus whereas federer could not achieve this. Federer has a less physical style of play and could not better this achievement, it seems rafa's consistency is overlooked.

Rafa - 10 years winning a slam and masters
Federer - 8 years winning a slam and 4 years winning a masters
Djokovic - 4 years winning a slam and masters

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I want to know is this. People constantly slate Rafa's style of play but he is the most consistent in winning a slam and masters each year, he has surpassed Fed, Sampras and Bjorg in this department.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Feds style of play has allowed him to win a slam for 8 years whereas rafa has won a slam and masters for ten years and counting. Now that is what I call consistency, this will be an all time record which will last for many decades.

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
What I want to know is this. People constantly slate Rafa's style of play but he is the most consistent in winning a slam and masters each year, he has surpassed Fed, Sampras and Bjorg in this department.
it is a massively impressive stat that's for sure. It is however mostly due to his utter dominance on clay. Doesn't make it a lesser achievement though.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
:zzz: It's called clay

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Useless thread, Nadal focuses on clay season every year since 2005, unlike Fed/Djokovic plays entire season. Nadal is clay man, bo matter how anyone spin it to look better. If Someone have so much belief in Factor's consistency why he don't open thread about Weak at No 1? :lol:

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
in other words, he won RG 8 times and a couple of MCs. basically just underlining his impressive RG performance and nothing else. stupid thread.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
This is the greatest achievement for any tennis player.
One grand slam each every year for 10 consecutive years. wow.

For those who talk about court type and discredit Nadal of his achievements.....federer has won mostly in weak era....if you remove those slams won in the weak era....there is nothing left for federer.

Federers achievements are mostly winning ATP 250 titles.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
in other words, he won RG 8 times and a couple of MCs. basically just underlining his impressive RG performance and nothing else. stupid thread.
This basically, a poor attempt of elevating clay man in group of Consistent greats. :lol:

9 RG+ 1 AO+ TONS of mickey mouse tournies= Consistency in Word of Nadal fans. :lol:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Useless thread, Nadal focuses on clay season every year since 2005, unlike Fed/Djokovic plays entire season. Nadal is clay man, bo matter how anyone spin it to look better. If Someone have so much belief in Factor's consistency why he don't open thread about Weak at No 1? :lol:
So, just because federer could not do it...its a useless thread?

Accept it...Nadal is a greater and better player than federer.

Nadals game is exciting to watch whereas federer's boring to watch.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
So, just because federer could not do it...its a useless thread?

Accept it...Nadal is a greater and better player than federer.

Nadals game is exciting to watch whereas federer's boring to watch.
Sign worthy stuff JK! I admire your consistency. Even if one Decided to change sign every day still he won't run out of sign, as long as you're posting here! :lol:

Please continue this, I like being entertained here and believe me very few Nadal fans could reach this intelligence level, it's special! :worship:

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
we gonna learn lot of stuff about growthdal we couldn't/didn't know.

·
Registered
58 Posts
This is the greatest achievement for any tennis player.
One grand slam each every year for 10 consecutive years. wow.

For those who talk about court type and discredit Nadal of his achievements.....federer has won mostly in weak era....if you remove those slams won in the weak era....there is nothing left for federer.

Federers achievements are mostly winning ATP 250 titles.
Considering Nadal was #2 in the world since 2005, I would say the weak era debate is IDIOTIC. Nadal won multiple ATP1000 hardcourt titles that year as well. The weak-era debate is a made up theory with no basis at all. Nadal was #2 in the world for the majority of this "era".

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
We are celebrating this in Canada. Our Prime minister just talked about it on TV. The Queen was involved too.

Without Wafa, this world would be hungry and desperate ... :)

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
It's amazing that in all that time, Nadal's always been fortunate to be healthy for Paris. Lucky, this Nadal is.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts