Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 21. Just look at what Nadal has done at age 18, 19, 20, 21 and he totally blows Federer away. Now from this age on is when Roger BECAME TMF and started to dominate the tennis world. The interesting thing will be to see if Rafa can do the same things from 21-25 that Roger did. :worship: :worship: :worship:

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
picking a certain time in players career most often gives a distorted view.
We can compare their accomplishments at the end of their careers. How ever long or short they may be. That is anothe excuse a lot of people use.
Lets just go by how many slams they win.
lets also compare their head to head by surface.
why by surface? because grass and clay are the extreme surfaces quite often favoring one or the other player.
If one player never shows up on that surface the other player does not get credit even though he should.
eg Borg versus Mcenroe Borg woud always have destroyed him as Mcenroe himself admitted but i dont think they played much against each other on clay. I have to look this up. But i dont think Mcenroe made far enough in clay court tournaments to face Borg. Therefor they only met on grass. Which by far was Mcenroes best surface and borg's worsed. Borg best surface was clay on which he dominated everyone including the all time clay court king Villas.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vilas = all time clay court king? I think that title goes to Borg. Also why not compare accomplishments by age? Imagine if Rafa is about to win 11/17 slams like Roger just did....

·
Registered
158 Posts
You can't compare accomplishments by age. Everyone matures physically and mentally at different rates, and their performances peak at different times.

Plus, a game like Federer's takes more time to completely develop and be effective.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Spartans >>>>>>>>>> Ballet Dancers

Nadal works hard for his wins while all of Federer's are flukes.

Vamos!

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rafa grew up as a true Spartan hunting giant wolves while Fed was milking Swiss cows. No wonder Rafa is so mentally tough.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Rafa grew up as a true Spartan hunting giant wolves while Fed was milking Swiss cows. No wonder Rafa is so mentally tough.
Federer also was eating chocolate all day.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have seen the TRUE Spartan light. Thanks to RFK >>>>>>>>>>>>

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
inspired by my thread:D

you can't predict the future...how do you know nadal wont burnout or have a chronic injury like Guga?? right now its Fed > Nadal. Period.

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
really, who gives a shit.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
fed>rafa

althought i am a rafa's fan........

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
11 slams varied through 3 events vs 3 slams at one event, no contest.

·
Registered
677 Posts
What's great about tennis is that it's an individual sport. They have to go and keep proving themselves.
It could be that another young guy, like Novak, goes on to have a better career than Rafa.
You never know.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
At 21. Just look at what Nadal has done at age 18, 19, 20, 21 and he totally blows Federer away. Now from this age on is when Roger BECAME TMF and started to dominate the tennis world. The interesting thing will be to see if Rafa can do the same things from 21-25 that Roger did. :worship: :worship: :worship:
true.. Mathematically speaking Nadal needs to win 2 grand slams per year for the next 4 years to equal federer....at 25

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
true.. Mathematically speaking Nadal needs to win 2 grand slams per year for the next 4 years to equal federer....at 25
Not true... Mathematically speaking Nadal needs to win 8/17 majors to equal Fed at 25. :mad:

·
Registered
194 Posts
maybe it happens to nadal the same that happened to safin or hewitt, they played their best tennis when they where young, at 20 - 21...We will have to wait to se if nadal can do what roger do..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts