Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
17,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Federer on track to win the Calendar Year Grand Slam (2 times)
Nadal: "I don't think so."
-Nadal beats Federer at the French in 2006 & 2007, the years in which Federer won the other 3 slams

Djokovic on track to win the Calendar Year Grand Slam
Federer: "I don't think so"
-Federer beats Djokovic at the French, the year in which Djokovic won the other 3 slams

Nadal on track to catch-up to and possibly surpass Federer's slam tally of 16
Djokovic: "I don't think so"
-Djokovic has defeated Nadal in 2 straight slams, looking more and more likely to extend his string of victories.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Federer, Nadal and Djokovic will have their own great historic legacies and that cannot be denied. None of these 3 players will ever have their great legacies ruined. And Novak still has a ways to go even though he's had an all time great year this year.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The trio: some thoughts

5-6 years ago people said Federer is can't be a goat because he never played Agassi and Sampras in their prime. Now he is playing Nadal and Djokovic in their prime. Federer is the only player to BEAT Djokovic in his prime. as his other loss was simply an injury, He was also the only player to come within 2 matchpoints of Djokovic at this US open.

Djokovic is doing to Nadal what Nadal does to Federer. he has destroyed the spaniard mentally like the spaniard has the mental edge over Nadal. Nadal's top spin is something federer's backhand cannot handle while Djokovic's backhand returns on Nadal's top spin is something he cannot handle.

Because of Djokovic I think Nadal will not top Federer's slam record as I think injuries, age, and tougher competition will finally catch up to him, Djokovic bloomed too late and he is just in the form of his life, I don't believe he cant last like this for more than 1-2 more years.

Federer is getting old but he still has the fitness and the game in him to win 2-3 more majors. Federer is fitter than Agassi at the same age and Agassi won 2 grandslams after 33.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Re: The trio: some thoughts

For that very reason you said above, I believe Federer will bag a few more slams before retirement.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
What I like best is how Fed once had an amazing record in slam finals until Nadull showed. And Nadull had an amazing record in slam finals until Djokovic shows up begins denting it as well. Both Fed and Nadull still have great records in slam finals but not nearly as impregnable as before Nadull and Djokovic came along.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Djokovic still has a lot of catching up to do because of the years he lost in their shadows. We'll see how long he can maintain this form and hopefully be injury free.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts

If he hadn't blown those two MPs :)o) then Federer would've been the only person to have not one, but two legitimate wins over Streakovic.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
We are all anointing Djokovic way too early. He has had an all-time great year this year but is still far from even the econd tier of all-time greats.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts

Yea.. Nole 10-1 vs. Fedal this year. Fed isn't doing ANYTHING neither is Nadal. :rolleyes: Fed aint beating this guy again.. Hes getting to old and that RG slam I think was a bit of a fluke anyways. Nadal will be lucky to even stay at #2 with that garbage WTA serve.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts

Federer is a true genius when it comes to taking care of his body. He's been thinking about his longevity since his 2004 season and has scheduled his years based on that. Plus the way he plays he takes no where near the damage on court that nadal/djoker do. Look at the toll this style of play took on nadal. Novak will have this happen sooner than later. Nadal's tour days are numbered. Federer will for sure get more slams. In fact, federer has played better tennis in the last few months than he has since AO 2010 and has gotten his serve back since french. Nadal is mentally going to be hurting and federer knows now that he can beat even the best novak and knowing fed he will work to get even better.

- Federer was the only one who can get novak off balance on hard courts and I doubt novaks level stays much longer and federer will be there in the end.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts

Yea.. Nole 10-1 vs. Fedal this year. Fed isn't doing ANYTHING neither is Nadal. :rolleyes: Fed aint beating this guy again.. Hes getting to old and that RG slam I think was a bit of a fluke anyways. Nadal will be lucky to even stay at #2 with that garbage WTA serve.

Your calling fed's win over nole at RG a fluke still? Interesting. I would think fed outplaying nole again for the first 2 sets at US open 2011 and serving 40-15 with 2 Match points would at least make you feel fed even at 30 can still win vs nole. No?

·
Registered
2,570 Posts

how the FUCK can you call RG a fluke when fed ONCE AGAIN had match points against djokovic? Are you stupid? I am beginning to question your intelligence sir

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Federer on track to win the Calendar Year Grand Slam (2 times)
Nadal: "I don't think so."
-Nadal beats Federer at the French in 2006 & 2007, the years in which Federer won the other 3 slams

Djokovic on track to win the Calendar Year Grand Slam
Federer: "I don't think so"
-Federer beats Djokovic at the French, the year in which Djokovic won the other 3 slams

Nadal on track to catch-up to and possibly surpass Federer's slam tally of 16
Djokovic: "I don't think so"
-Djokovic has defeated Nadal in 2 straight slams, looking more and more likely to extend his string of victories.
federer also won 3 grand slams in 2004.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts

·
Registered
20,221 Posts

Federer is a true genius when it comes to taking care of his body. He's been thinking about his longevity since his 2004 season and has scheduled his years based on that. Plus the way he plays he takes no where near the damage on court that nadal/djoker do. Look at the toll this style of play took on nadal. Novak will have this happen sooner than later. Nadal's tour days are numbered. Federer will for sure get more slams. In fact, federer has played better tennis in the last few months than he has since AO 2010 and has gotten his serve back since french. Nadal is mentally going to be hurting and federer knows now that he can beat even the best novak and knowing fed he will work to get even better.

- Federer was the only one who can get novak off balance on hard courts and I doubt novaks level stays much longer and federer will be there in the end.
interesting nickname, I do think this is the most interesting matchup in tennis these days

1 - 20 of 108 Posts