Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rafa probably has better chance of beating Federer. But Federer getting to 21 is the worst situation possible so it might be better for Djokovic to win to ensure he's stuck on 20.

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
Whoever wins wins. Im not suporting or routing for any of them.

Reactions: Rafanaticism

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Djokovic is a better player than Federer, and Djokovic is more likely than not to win (5 sets against Millman and Sandgren?), and AO is Djokovic's best slam.

Doesn't matter what we prefer. We will wait for the two to battle it out. We will accept the result the future holds and throws at us.

·
Registered
19,393 Posts
I doubt there's a single Nadal fan in the world supporting Djokovic here

·
Registered
22,160 Posts
There are pretty split actually and rightfully so. Federer winning #21 is the worst case scenario for them but RAFA is far more likely to beat Federer as well. So yeah it’s honestly not that easy. I’d say they should hope for a 5 set battle and remain neutral towards the outcome

·
Registered
19,393 Posts
The only scenario Nadal fans would support Djokovic here is if Nadal loses to Thiem. Otherwise no

·
Registered
443 Posts
I’m much more worried about Thiem than anything else right now. But to answer the question and health problems aside, I’d rather Nadal face Fed who doesn’t look to be in great form. However, if Rafa can’t win it all, I’d rather Djokovic win than Fed due to the slam count.

·
Banned
5,793 Posts
I want Fed winning in five grueling sets with super TB. I'll get an utter anihilation of the old man in three., which I'll enjoy a lot.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
YOu are so wrong about that.
I am, I know many who are.
Any Nadal fan who wants to put Fed in any position to get #21 is not a true Nadal fan.
And aside from all that, Djok is a better player and a more likable guy. Even if nadal would have better chances against Fed, I would support Djok.

But the idea that Fed can even play Djok is ludicrous after what we've seen against Millman and Sangren.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
I’m much more worried about Thiem than anything else right now. But to answer the question and health problems aside, I’d rather Nadal face Fed who doesn’t look to be in great form. However, if Rafa can’t win it all, I’d rather Djokovic win than Fed due to the slam count.
That doesn't make sense. If Fed is good enough to beat Djok, he's a tougher opponent than Djok at that point. He's not the same Fed who "doesn't look to be in a great form" which is putting it mildly. Fed has sucked big time so far, it's only due to massive choking from opponents that he's sill alive.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I will think about it after Rafa secures a spot in the final, by which time the Fed/Djoker match will be over so I don't need to think about it. So, shrug.

·
Registered
443 Posts
That doesn't make sense. If Fed is good enough to beat Djok, he's a tougher opponent than Djok at that point. He's not the same Fed who "doesn't look to be in a great form" which is putting it mildly. Fed has sucked big time so far, it's only due to massive choking from opponents that he's sill alive.
It makes perfect sense. Anything can happen in one match. I like Rafa’s chances against Fed rather than Djoker every day of the week at the Australian Open.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I will think about it after Rafa secures a spot in the final, by which time the Fed/Djoker match will be over so I don't need to think about it. So, shrug.
These ^^^.

Rafa's first hurdle is Thiem. Wawrinka is a former AO champion that beat Rafa here before and is even bigger beast than Thiem. Any sensible Rafa fan would think of Rafa's own hurdles on his half of the draw (Thiem, and then Wawrinka) than what will materialize on the other half of the draw and between Djokovic and Federer.

·
Registered
6,822 Posts
Having just seen Zverev destroy Stan, Nadal might not make it to the final to face either Djoker or Federer. The German is looking good.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
It makes perfect sense. Anything can happen in one match. I like Rafa’s chances against Fed rather than Djoker every day of the week at the Australian Open.
An honest true Nadal fan.
It baffles me the tardness of some like Roxitova, that would prefer Djokovic although the odds that he would apply Nadal another beatdown are skyhigh, instead prefering an old outofform Federer.
And also, the deluded “taken for granted final”, although Nadal has his hands full atm, first with Thiem and then with Zverev who seems to have unlocked the slam riddle.
Anyway, realistically speaking, Djoker is a lock for the final. Anything but a beatdown in the sf would be a shocker.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I want Djokovic to win simply because he is the better player & I want Nadal to beat his actual competition in the GOAT race

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
Since Rafa is on course of losing his QF, it makes now sense to root for Novak in the SF, and for whoever his opponent in the final. If Rafa didn't bottle those first two sets, I would have gone differently.

Anyway I still think that match will not take place.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts