Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He came awfully close, this after surviving multiple rain delays and playing 7 days in a row. One has to wonder what a Rafa with fresher legs might have been able to do in the final.

I really hope he takes heart in his performance today and comes roaring next year.

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts
He came awfully close, this after surviving multiple rain delays and playing 7 days in a row. One has to wonder what a Rafa with fresher legs might have been able to do in the final.

I really hope he takes heart in his performance today and comes roaring next year.
:yawn:
One has to wonder how easy Roger would have won if he didnt play with a blindfold on.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Agreed Veronique, they choked in turns, but Federer was the mentally strongest in the end. I guess these two are so damn good it finally comes to a mental battle every time, and the surface is no longer important.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
No. Rafa is still more vunrable against other opponents, he should be making mince meat of Soderling etc.

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
Possibly. Close call. Nadal is more vulnerable on grass, but he has less to fear against Roger. On the other hand, Roger can't beat Nadal on clay but give him anybody else in the final and he is winning RG.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Nadal is in Roger's head. I still believe that Roger is much better than Nadal on grass. But the gap is closing and the fact that Wimbledon comes just after the clay season doesn't help Roger, because the multiple defeats against Nadal are still in his brain.

Nadal is much better than Roger on clay, but Roger would stand a better chance in RG if Wimbledon and RG were reversed.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
This match just again proves that Nadal is a very bad match up for Federer. But like someone said, he's also more vulnerable on grass against other opponents than Federer is on clay.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nadal is in Roger's head. I still believe that Roger is much better than Nadal on grass. But the gap is closing and the fact that Wimbledon comes just after the clay season doesn't help Roger, because the multiple defeats against Nadal are still in his brain.

Nadal is much better than Roger on clay, but Roger would stand a better chance in RG if Wimbledon and RG were reversed.
Interesting theory, Vin but since RG and Wimbledon schedules will never be reversed, Rafa has the advantage then.

·
Registered
919 Posts
in general no, Rafa strugled like hell to make the final and Roger gets to the french open final easier but roger chokes and rafa doesnt

·
29,584 Posts
Federer just needs to have more belief and take the fight he showed today into next year's RG tournament. Eventually the two of them might get bored and tank for each other to ensure Fed gets a French and Nadal a W :lol:

·
Registered
6,789 Posts

This is very true. Nadal has had the mental advantage of going into Wimbly after not just winning on clay but winning on clay against Roger who he is most likely to meet if he makes it to the Wimbly final. Unfortunately, Roger either has to play the match of his life in RG or lose earlier on clay to feel better about his game against Nadal.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts