Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a scale from 1 to 10. Try to be honest, please.

For me: 7.9

·
Registered
11,726 Posts
I‘m not gonna lie ..... 9

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I am more excited than nervous, I do say 6

·
Registered
19,257 Posts
I feel like I'm more calm than 18 WB, 17 FO (I was very anxious about that final), and definitely 17 AO...

just because I'd be at peace with Rafa losing.

There are no handicaps to this one.

Djokovic would have thoroughly deserved it, and he's actually come into this tournament with the mental disadvantage of potentially feeling hard done by with the recent events at the French Open.

But he's put all that aside, as has Rafa in the past.

None the less, I badly badly want Rafa to win this.

But I'm not sure with the declined lateral movement and heavier legs, he can put as much resistance to an attacking Djokovic as he did in the past.

He will need the FH DTL to be clicking.

·
Registered
487 Posts

As a Rafa fan, not that nervous. I was much more nervous about AO final 2017 and Wimbledon semi 2018. I would love Rafa to have more AOs and Wimbledons rather than more RGs.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Nervous af...but not as in afraid, but I am very excited about this great epic match that's soon to start. I just took a 2hr walk to clear my thoughts.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Pretty nervous for sure - Novak has more to gain with a win here despite Nadal gunning for 20, which I think he will get at some point anyway

I’m sure Rafa fans would rather he beat Novak at an AO Final, it would mean a bit more than either winning their pet slam

OP nailed it - 7.9 on the nervous scale

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
uh 7 I guess just got worse when the roof closed
I slept OK last night, that's a sign, often I don't sleep night before

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
9.5. Just 0.5 lower than the day I got married.

·
Registered
19,673 Posts
since the roof is closed, this is a bit more supporting of my hopes
more nervous than afraid. Still a factor, how nervous Novak himself will be

282 Posts
About a 2 considering I have a $3100 to win $6800 parlay on Novak +120 & the LA Dodgers Series Price -220. The only reason it's even that high is that I'm worried about Rafa pulling the plug when he's down 2 sets to none which would void the +120 & reduce it to a straight bet on the Dodgers to win $1400.

·
Premium Member
7,227 Posts
I was so nervous that I strategically found work to do around the house and just kept the TV in the background. I was still nervous at 6-0 6-2 *3-2.

·
Registered
835 Posts
On a scale from 1 to 10. Try to be honest, please.

For me: 7.9
10/10.... Didn't watch even a bit. Went to the gym and started following live commentary here after an hour into the match.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Nervy 10/10

Reactions: El_Toro
1 - 20 of 21 Posts