Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rafa about Gulbis:"If you want to prove something, do it on court not outside[press]"

"I respect Gulbis opinions but I like the good education and the lack of respect, speaking bad about others, the little obstacles and the arrogance - don't work with me."
"If you want to prove something, do it on court. Doing the 'show' - before or after, no thanks. Moreover, it's not good for the society."

Nadal también habló sobre el letón Ernest Gulbis, que se jugará con Djokovic el pase a la final y que acostumbra a generar polémica con sus declaraciones, como cuando dijo que Federer, Nadal y Djokovic le parecían aburridos y planos en su imagen pública.

"Respeto su opinión al máximo" pero "me gusta la buena educación" y "la falta de respeto, el hablar mal, los pequeños obstáculos y la arrogancia no van conmigo".

"Si quieres mostrar algo, hazlo en la pista. Está para eso. Hacer el 'show', antes o después, no gracias. Además, no es bueno para la sociedad", remató el tenista.

·
Registered
7,156 Posts
Re: Rafa about Gulbis:"If you want to prove something do it on court not outside[pres

Rafa owning a Latvian mug
Hes is right isnt he? The things he said this time about Nole not beeing the same kind of guy and that money and Fame changed him wasnt professional. You can think that but you just dont say live.

Bu then again it Gulbis so what would you expect.

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Re: Rafa about Gulbis:"If you want to prove something do it on court not outside[pres

Hes is right isnt he? The things he said this time about Nole not beeing the same kind of guy and that money and Fame changed him wasnt professional. You can think that but you just dont say live.

So people should hide their true feelings and be hypocritical in real life? Sounds great!

·
Registered
4,423 Posts

Rafa did tactical mistake:D Now wait for Gulbis and his press conference saying about Rafa picking his butt all the time and how he thinks it didn´t belong to courts such ,,humble,, habbit

·
Registered
3,059 Posts

Of course he is right.Gulbis is an entitled POS

·
Registered
3,325 Posts

Of course Dull would say this - that's way he is called Dull - you know, because he is very dull Dull.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Re: Rafa about Gulbis:"If you want to prove something, do it on court not outside[pre

Honesty > Fake humbleness

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Re: Rafa about Gulbis:"If you want to prove something, do it on court not outside[pre

Bingo - Was expecting a top player to slam this mug for his big mouth. Thought it would be Roger or Nole.
Where does it come from - the most unexpected of thos - the soft spoken Rafa ... and of course my favorite of all.
Now what will people calling him fake and polite say about that. He needs to be applauded for that but of course MTF will find some thing to cry about.

Never liked Gulbis' attitude towards other players (Nole in particular) and tennis in general .. someone needed to put a stop to that.

·
Registered
21,284 Posts

Rafa firing shots, fucking awesome lol.

He's absolutely correct btw. Gulbis is indeed a prick.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts

I still remember the arrogant Gulbis said he deserved the win against Nadal.
He should know that tennis is not only about ball bashing.

·
Registered
7,156 Posts

So people should hide their true feelings and be hypocritical in real life? Sounds great!
What does he or anyone else know about Nole or his life?

You can talk trash before the match but you have to man up in the court or else that doesnt mean shit.

And did you hear what Nole responded to Gulbis? He didnt have the balls to even defend him self.

·
Registered
937 Posts

Bingo - Was expecting a top player to slam this mug for his big mouth. Thought it would be Roger or Nole.
Where does it come from - the most unexpected of thos - the soft spoken Rafa ... and of course my favorite of all.
Now what will people calling him fake and polite say about that. He needs to be applauded for that but of course MTF will find some thing to cry about.

Never liked Gulbis' attitude towards other players (Nole in particular) and tennis in general .. someone needed to put a stop to that.
Yeah he is a very talented player who I like but he can also be an arrogant no class douche sometimes.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts

Dull regularly uses press to complain about rules that doesn't fit his disgusting game or about his new fake injuries. He has a lot of nerve talking about what you should and shouldn't do outside of court.

·
Registered
5,220 Posts

What does he or anyone else know about Nole or his life?

You can talk trash before the match but you have to man up in the court or else that doesnt mean shit.

And did you hear what Nole responded to Gulbis? He didnt have the balls to even defend him self.
Gulbis knows Djokovic since they were 12.
so, only Gublis is allowed to speak his mind? Rafa is also speaking his mind, not allowed?
Where exactly did I say that Nadull should be banned from press conferences?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

Best Nadal put down of Gulbis was his presser last year in Rome after Gulbis had said he was the better player (even though he lost). :worship:

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Very wise and truthful words from Rafa. As the no.1 player in the world, it's his responsibility to protect the integrity and image of the game. He made a fair polite, yet direct point that to Gulbis. Respect and class is what sports are about, especially with children watching. Rafa is a great ambassador of the game and most importantly a great humble human who wants to make the world a better place.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

1 - 20 of 98 Posts