Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Live tennis:

Agnieszka Radwanska has made it clear she is determined to maintain her current stunning form as she looks to continue climbing up the rankings. The Polish youngster picked up her first title of the year last month, claiming the Dubai Tennis Championships title.

The 22-year old finally clinched her first tournament victory of 2012, following a string of semi-final and quarter-final defeats since the start of the season. The Pole reached the final eight of the Australian Open in Melbourne before losing out to Victoria Azarenka. Now Radwanska will be hoping this victory is a sign of things to come over the next few busy months.

Radwanska admitted she was delighted with her current form, which has seen her climb into the world’s top-five, although, she maintained she would need to keep focused if she was to continue climbing the rankings.

“I'm five, but it's still far from being number one," said Radwanska. "It looks pretty close, but it's still far. I'm just trying to go on court and enjoy my tennis and win the matches.”

“In women's tennis everything can change pretty fast, like we see every week the rankings are a little bit different.”

“Everything can happen, so I'm just going to try playing my best tennis every match, every tournament, and we will see.”

After reaching five Grand Slam quarter-finals, Radwanska will now need to push on at the major tournaments if she is to start establishing herself at the top of the rankings. With the French Open, Wimbledon and the US Open all yet to come this year, the Polish star has plenty of chance to win that maiden Grand Slam title.

These developments are sure to be of interest to those looking to capitalise on tennis betting offers.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts