Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ilija won!

Waiting for my question(s) :D :D :D
Hey - so sorry I couldn't speak to Ilija for today's podcast :( His win over DeHeart finished at the same time as I was already interviewing Kendrick ... by the time that had finished - Ilija had gone :mad:

I tried looking for him around the grounds at Roehampton to ask your questions, but he had already left :mad:

However, you may be interested to know that when I spoke to the Roehampton staff (e.g. player liaison office, players lounge staff, transport office) to ask if they'd seen him ... the replies I got included:

'yes he should be around - you'll notice him, he's always wearing his hat and shades!'
'you can't miss him - he's with his girlfriend ... who's three times even more flash than him!'

Maybe that last comment indirectly answers your question about fashion and tennis :haha: ;)

Again, so sorry I couldn't speak to him for you ... but hey, he's in the main draw now and so maybe I will bump into him next week for you!

G

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Hey - so sorry I couldn't speak to Ilija for today's podcast :( His win over DeHeart finished at the same time as I was already interviewing Kendrick ... by the time that had finished - Ilija had gone :mad:

I tried looking for him around the grounds at Roehampton to ask your questions, but he had already left :mad:

However, you may be interested to know that when I spoke to the Roehampton staff (e.g. player liaison office, players lounge staff, transport office) to ask if they'd seen him ... the replies I got included:

'yes he should be around - you'll notice him, he's always wearing his hat and shades!'
'you can't miss him - he's with his girlfriend ... who's three times even more flash than him!'

Maybe that last comment indirectly answers your question about fashion and tennis :haha: ;)

Again, so sorry I couldn't speak to him for you ... but hey, he's in the main draw now and so maybe I will bump into him next week for you!

G
:haha:
It's not a problem, thanks for all your work :)

Are you going to do interviews with players in Main Draw too or you'll stop after qualies? :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
:haha:
It's not a problem, thanks for all your work :)

Are you going to do interviews with players in Main Draw too or you'll stop after qualies? :D
Thanks for being so understanding :)

We are broadcasting the Wimbledon draws live on Radio Wimbledon on www.wimbledon.org tomorrow from 1000 BST. I am presenting the programme with guests, so if you are on the internet then (obviously that goes for anyone on this forum too) - listen in!

I might go out to the practice courts after the draw is over and try and get some player reaction to the pairings - but if we get anyone we tend to go for more well-known players, e.g. two years ago I spoke to Rafa Nadal, last year I spoke to Fernando Gonzalez and Feliciano Lopez.

Next week, I am part of the Radio Wimbledon commentary team. In second week, I cover the junior events for them.

G

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
You're so lucky to have that job :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Dear men's forum users

Just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who suggested player questions for this week's Radio Wimbledon podcasts that I produced at Roehampton. Sorry I wasn't able to ask/use them all, and hope you all enjoyed listening to the podcasts!

Friday's final podcast of the week was focussed on the main Wimbledon draws. Interviews in there with Caroline Wozniacki, Sam Querrey, plus draw analysis from Mark Philippoussis, Pat Cash and Jeremy Bates - do have a listen:

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/blogs/2010-06-18/201006181276902294483.html

Thanks again for all your help guys! I will continue to be on twitter - @guy_mccrea - during Wimbledon so would be great to be in touch with you all/follow there!

Now let this year's Championships begin :)

Cheers
G

21 - 25 of 25 Posts