Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I’m looking for some advice on racquets and I hope I can get some help here. Although I’ve been playing tennis a long time, I’m rather clueless when it comes to knowing what racquet is suitable. About 2 years ago, I got a Wilson BLX six one (289g, 16 x 18 string pattern) and really liked it. It felt very light compared to my previous racquet (Dunlop 200) and felt good on my ground strokes. However my service started really going to pot and I started really struggling with timing and pace. I then had a period where both my wilsons strings were broken and I had to go back to the Dunlop, and miraculously my serve really started feeling good again.
I think because the Wilson is so light the racquet kind of waves around behind me on serve , whereas with the Dunlop, because it’s heavier it's more a pendulum motion and keeps momentum and rhythm better.
So my question is, can anyone recommend a racquet that might give me the best of both worlds? I’m 40 years old, 6 foot, 85 kg and hit the ball with decent pace and top spin.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Well you are tall and i'd assume you have big hands like myself. 6'3" here. Get a racquet with a bigger grip. Also i'd suggest you try out different racquets in the shop. Try a dozen serves, Fh's, Bh's, see what you like the best. Generally speaking power and control go inversely and most racquets tend to have written either of those on them. Can't really suggest a racquet over the internet in the end it's down to personal preference and whatever you feel the best with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts