Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm replacing Bryan doing FITD rankings. Same thing I said in the normal rankings thread, go here: feel free to suggest any format change to the way I post rankings and to point out any possible mistakes. In the race, every week of the year counts. I'll update this weekly.

Race to London after Paris Bercy:

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Re: FITD - Race to London rankings (June 23)

Regarding the issue about the standings in s'-Hertogenbosch you pointed out:

You miscounted R1 for some people; no need to worry, RNW still wins the tournament and I've recalculated the standings myself for ranking purposes (I'm replacing Bryan doing FITD rankings), but still try to be more careful in the future :p

Example of this, RNW:

Bolded are his correct picks in R1. 12 picks, which x 20p is 240p not 200.
I think I should have 220 points for R1 instead of 180. Does that mean I was tied for 2nd? (I noticed I have 135 points for week 25)

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

After Week 25:

Regarding the issue about the standings in s'-Hertogenbosch you pointed out:

I think I should have 220 points for R1 instead of 180. Does that mean I was tied for 2nd? (I noticed I have 135 points for week 25)
Yup, you were tied for the second place with MIJB#19, hence the 135p for both of you. I re-calculated the entire standings so I trust no one got robbed of points, on this or any other tournament.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I think my number is wrong
You're right. It was a typo, the sum of your numbers is 1167 and I wrote 167 :p Corrected now, you're #28 in the race.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts

Yup, you were tied for the second place with MIJB#19, hence the 135p for both of you. I re-calculated the entire standings so I trust no one got robbed of points, on this or any other tournament.
Yeah, I also recalculated the standings and posted them in the thread. Thanks for pointing it out, I probably wouldn't have noticed otherwise!

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Yeah, I also recalculated the standings and posted them in the thread. Thanks for pointing it out, I probably wouldn't have noticed otherwise!
No worries. It wasn't the only and probably not the last time it happened; I believe managers use an Excel spreadsheet with formulas to automatically calculate standings, problem is Excel is ridiculously sensitive and a typo or even a random space is enough to generate wrong results. I'll make sure this doesn't affect the rankings, I'll notice it if/when it happens ;)

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Race after Wimbledon (updated in the OP as well):

Attachments

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: FITD - Race to London rankings (July 7)

After Bastad/Stuttgart/Newport:

Attachments

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

Where are my points for last week?
Only the top 32 get points in ATP 250 with 28/32 men draws. You were 46th in Bastad, 36th in Stuttgart and didn't play Newport so you didn't earn any ranking points last week.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts

Me at grand slams :lol:

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

Me at grand slams :lol:
That reminds me, after Wimbledon I did a 'Slam ranking' too, might as well post it here now - just as an attachment to avoid confusion. You'd #32 on Slams alone and you're ranked #10 for the year, so yeah safe to say you've not done very well in Slams this year so far. You need to zoom in to see the attachment btw I think.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Race after Hamburg/Bogota:

Attachments

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

I forgot to give an overview on the very reason this race ranking exists: qualification for World Tour Finals.

No one is mathematically qualified yet, but the conjugation of results that it'd take for them to miss the cut is so ridiculously improbable that for all effects and purposes *Jean* and wfrw07 are basically qualified, say 99% for wfrw07 and 99,9% for *Jean*. 16 people getting more than 4200p or even 3600p by the end of the year is simply not going to happen at all.

If Cheeky Chick stopped playing altogether now, s/he'd have a 70-80% chance of qualifying, I don't believe there will be 16 people above 3279p; if s/he keeps playing every week and adding a few points here and there even if he does terrible, it's basically a guarantee as well.

The other 13 spots are up for grabs for basically anyone. Unless one of the top 3 wins it, the USO winner should get the 4th WTF spot - winning a Slam is huge with this point system, 2k points is about 2/3 of the points you need to make WTF -, and any player ranked #4-#30 (maybe even a bit below) should be able to book their spot with a Masters title. I believe it will take 3000-3100p by the end of the season to qualify; there should be plenty of spots decided in the last week at Bercy.

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)

Race after Gstaad/Umag/Atlanta below. Almost everyone in or close to WTF qualification spots added a few points this week; wfrw07 showed why he's already as good as qualified winning two titles this week, unfortunately the rules of this game are that only the best tournament of the week counts for each player :p

Attachments

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Race after Washington/Kitzbuhel. Not much changed, top 3 basically qualified for WTF, other 13 spots still very much up for grabs, should be clearer after the USO series.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Race after Toronto. Congrats to Fickelgruber, both for winning Toronto and for being the 4th player to basically secure WTF qualification, I think his current point tally would be enough at the end of the season, but the only way it's not a 100% lock is if he suddenly stops playing/adding points.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts