Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will win?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,983 Posts
Not so sure, Murray was anything but impressive today and Meltzer servis is fair at its best.

·
29,645 Posts
Wasn't easy last year as he kept looping shots over the net expecting Karlovic not to be able to strike the ball well, and ended up in trouble.

If he's strong on his service games and makes Ivo move around a lot, he should win, maybe 6-4 7-6, or vice versa.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
ivan should be doing these polls, he always finds some good pics :)

Anyway, I hope Murray will win as Karlovic is on top of my dislike list.

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Wouldn't surprise me if Ivo wins this tbh...I think he has a better chance on a slower court, which increases his chances of getting returns into play. No matter the surface, he still gets the wicked angles and placement on his serve. Think back to last year when he was winning multiple matches on clay. :eek:

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
murray is the favorite. but he isn't in a good form.(even though he beat federer.) Actually federer was right in that interview about muuray. he actually waits for opponents error rather than trying to win a point on his own.

Karlovic does have a better chance than last year.
my prediction would be murray in three sets. But i hope i'm wrong.

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
I think Murray will win but the level of aggression will need to be a bit higher. You want to control the points with percentage tennis against Karlovic, if Murray continues as he is Ivo will be able to get it on the FH and whack. Should be some good points, I remember they had a very good match in San Jose last year.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Hopefully Karlovic.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
ivo gonna kill him 67 76 76

·
Registered
5,185 Posts
it is gonna be a boring match :topic: