Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Too clutch from Tomic in that second set.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Damn it. I got home just as it finished. Can someone give a synopsis of the match?

Anyways, good to see Bernie playing consistent. I had hoped he would pick up some cheap points in Memphis but he is looking good here so far.

·
Registered
15,731 Posts
Delray Beach RD2: [8] Bernard 'The NardDogg' Tomic exposes Tim Smyczek 61 75

Routine result for NardDogg here. Saving all 7 break points against him, including a set point serving 30/40 down at 4*5 down in the second. He broke to love, then went down 0/40 when serving for it to the tenacious Timmy, who was by now getting a big whiff of a tiebreak and playing off his nut.

But no, anyone who is familiar with the magic in Bernard's hand knows that the magic shows itself at the right moments... he loves moments like these does the NardDogg, and he reeled off 5 straight points that made me feel as though he was playing the 0/40 up for the sponsors, just so the match would go a few points longer.

I could see this and it was so obvious..

Very good show. I enjoyed it a lot.

Isner next, and I for sure Tomic will show big John the true meaning of professionalism.

·
Premium Member
3,051 Posts
Re: Delray Beach RD2: [8] Bernard 'The NardDogg' Tomic exposes Tim Smyczek 61 75

Good first set, sleepwalked in the 2nd, typical of his general attitude vs this type of player.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Re: Delray Beach RD2: [8] Bernard 'The NardDogg' Tomic exposes Tim Smyczek 61 75

Good first set, sleepwalked in the 2nd, typical of his general attitude vs this type of player.
Actually I would say good all the way to 5-0, then relaxed a little as if the match was laready over and the match was even all the way from 5-0 in the first to 5-5 in the second.

Did manage to lift to break for 6-5 and serve for the set, but was really tight for the first few points while trying to server it out and dropped to 0-40 before again lifting to finall end it.

If he stayed on full concetration could perhaps have closed the first 6-0, and then been serving first in the second.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Tomic Way Too Easy

·
Registered
574 Posts
tomic>smyczek>melzer>raonic

tomic>raonic

am i doing it rite
Tomic is more consistent than Raonic.And beside serves,he also has more potential.

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
tipycal from tomic, he won so easily the first set and carried away in the second...he should be more careful against isner

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Finally Tomic is starting to make inroads in ATP tournaments as well instead of "just" playing well in the Slams.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts