Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slow start, but David is just too good. Down 0-40 in the second set and held. Keep going David :rocker2:

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Great start Pics.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Finding form just in time for WTF :yeah:

·
Registered
29,419 Posts
Terrible draw for Kei. :sad:

David :yeah:

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Pics :D Looked like a good match.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
A competitor like Ferrer epitomises why it's taking longer for youngsters to breakthrough nowadays, regardless of their talent.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Just finished watching the match which I recorded on HDD. :sad:
Glad Ferru is still in the draw but why does Kei always lose when I'm not watching? :(

As you guys remember, Kei beat Ferru in five sets at 2008 USO. They have come a long way since then, and I think they both improved. But today's Ferru proved just to solid and tough for Kei, who didn't play a bad match but was more prone to make UEs when the pressure is on him.
Kei started the match brilliantly and led Ferru's first service game and led *3-2. before David broke back. There were many really exciting rallies between these two phenomenal ball strikers, Kei more flashy and unpredictable and Ferru more solid and powerful.
In the first set they both had 11 winners. But Kei also made 11 UEs, while Ferru only made 4, and that made the difference.
In the second set Kei started looking more tired and nervous although it was Kei who had the first break point of the match.
He lost to the better player today but I think he's improving and with a good draw I think he will have a much better result in Shanghai.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts