Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't see it but looks like Murray came through a tough match, back from a break down in the deciding set. Now he's won 17 of his last 18 matches. How do you rate his chances here and in Shanghai? Three tournaments in three weeks, AND he's playing the doubles this week. Surely a chance he's going to burn out?

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Re: R1 Tokyo - (2) Murray d. Baghdatis

You could add score in thread name

Not an easy match and in last 2 season he is terrible in ATP 500 tournaments.. nice win in the end

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Sorry, i'm a bit of a noob here - can I change the thread title after it's been posted?

·
Registered
4,073 Posts

Yes you can, just click twice after text

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I'm not sure what you mean...

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
3 tournaments back to back is already too much, but when I found out he was playing doubles I was puzzled. I don't get where his head is at. It's a shame Murray didn't get a bye named Soeda.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
3 tournaments back to back is already too much, but when I found out he was playing doubles I was puzzled. I don't get where his head is at. It's a shame Murray didn't get a buy named Soeda.
Muzza's getting greedy ;) :devil:. Oh and someone please tell him that playing doubles doesn't earn you ranking points for the singles, :lol:.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,438 Posts
Nice win. Baghdatis is tricky on hardcourt but it was a good win. Should have an easier route to the final from now on :)

so another opponent gifts the match to murray :rolleyes:
Only the 313th time that's happened :yeah: :stupid: :stupid:

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Murray is far from being greedy here - he plays doubles with Jamie solely to boost Jamie's doubles ranking. And I wish he wouldn't! It's high time Jamie settled down with one partner, instead of somebody different nearly every time, and let Andy concentrate on his singles.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Murray is far from being greedy here - he plays doubles with Jamie solely to boost Jamie's doubles ranking. And I wish he wouldn't! It's high time Jamie settled down with one partner, instead of somebody different nearly every time, and let Andy concentrate on his singles.
I was joking for a bit. ;)
Fully agree with you btw regarding Jamie. But I also wonder whether Murray isn't overplaying for a bit...

·
Banned
3,513 Posts
Fatdatis is pathetic. It's far too late to talk about his wasted talent but he could at least exist on tour instead of not doing anything of note for years :eek: Guy has the talent and had the fighting spirit to be a top 10 player, and say what you want about Fatbandian but his career accomplishments are far better than this mug.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Fatdatis is pathetic. It's far too late to talk about his wasted talent but he could at least exist on tour instead of not doing anything of note for years :eek: Guy has the talent and had the fighting spirit to be a top 10 player, and say what you want about Fatbandian but his career accomplishments are far better than this mug.
haha your signature is wonderful, Magician :worship:

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
I was joking for a bit. ;)
Fully agree with you btw regarding Jamie. But I also wonder whether Murray isn't overplaying for a bit...
Dont like him playing doubles, but what are you going to do. I think playing lots of tournaments to get his confidence and rhythm up is actually a really good way to do things for Andy. Kind of like what Fed did around this time last year.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Dont like him playing doubles, but what are you going to do. I think playing lots of tournaments to get his confidence and rhythm up is actually a really good way to do things for Andy. Kind of like what Fed did around this time last year.
Uhm yeah. All signs pointing in the direction of a massive #3/#4 turnaround. :sad:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think I heard somewhere that Andy wants to be able to play doubles with Jamie at the Olympics next year and to do so Jamie needed to get his ranking up. I guess that's why they're playing more tournaments together this year than they might usually.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
I think I heard somewhere that Andy wants to be able to play doubles with Jamie at the Olympics next year and to do so Jamie needed to get his ranking up. I guess that's why they're playing more tournaments together this year than they might usually.
Ugh, why can't he play doubles with Jamie when he's not playing 3 weeks in a row? How is he supposed win singles and doubles medals? Andy, you are not two people!

Ok, fine, I will support him in this, but with reservations.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts