Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
R. Nadal: "Ferrer is coming to the match with confidence. He's playing great"

Another upset never seemed possible this time, despite complaints of pain in his back that slowed his serves in the previous round.

"I don't want to talk too much about this thing today," Nadal said of his injury. "I have important match to come. Today I won a match in good shape. We'll see what's going on in the future."

After beating Dominic Thiem in the second round at Roland Garros, Rafael Nadal was asked if he felt “safer” facing an opponent with a one-handed backhand over a two-hander.

“I never feel that much of confidence,” came the reply. “I feel confidence when I play well, irrespective of these backhand shots, one-handed or two-handed. If I hit the balls and the points, I don't really care about the backhand of my opponent.”

Nadal believes he is playing better than Monte-Carlo, but he admits Ferrer is in fine form too. He said:

"I think that I am playing a little bit better than when I was playing against him in Monte-Carlo, but I think he's playing great, too. He played three weeks in a row at a very high level. In Madrid he played great, in Rome he played great, and he's playing great here."

"Always when you have a loss in the last confrontation, that can (have an) effect. Or not. I don't know," Nadal said. "I will tell you after tomorrow. But at the end, important thing for me is I am in quarterfinals here."

Nadal knows that it will be tough one but he also knows how he can beat Ferrer. He added:

"He's coming to the match with confidence that he beat me the last time. It will be a tough one. I know how to play against him and to have chances to win I need to play very well. That's what I'm going to try. If not, it will be impossible."

David Ferrer also talked about facing Nadal. Last year's finalist also knows how difficult it is to play Nadal on clay, but he will be aggressive.

"I will try to do my best. I will try to play aggressively with my forehand and try to finish the points on the net. But of course it's going to be difficult with Rafael on a clay court."

"I’m happy I’m in quarter-final here in Paris,” Ferrer said ahead of an anticipated showdown with Nadal, the man who beat him in last year’s Roland Garros final. “I try always for revenge of Rafael. He beat me many times, more times than I beat him,” he grinned.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Re: R. Nadal: "Ferrer is coming to the match with confidence. He's playing great"

Most generic statement ever?

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Re: R. Nadal: "Ferrer is coming to the match with confidence. He's playing great"

Another upset never seemed possible this time, despite complaints of pain in his back that slowed his serves in the previous round.

"I don't want to talk too much about this thing today," Nadal said of his injury. "I have important match to come. Today I won a match in good shape. We'll see what's going on in the future."

Nadal believes he is playing better than Monte-Carlo, but he admits Ferrer is in fine form too. He said:

"I think that I am playing a little bit better than when I was playing against him in Monte-Carlo, but I think he's playing great, too. He played three weeks in a row at a very high level. In Madrid he played great, in Rome he played great, and he's playing great here."

"Always when you have a loss in the last confrontation, that can (have an) effect. Or not. I don't know," Nadal said. "I will tell you after tomorrow. But at the end, important thing for me is I am in quarterfinals here."

Nadal knows that it will be tough one but he also knows how he can beat Ferrer. He added:

"He's coming to the match with confidence that he beat me the last time. It will be a tough one. I know how to play against him and to have chances to win I need to play very well. That's what I'm going to try. If not, it will be impossible."

David Ferrer also talked about facing Nadal. Last year's finalist also knows how difficult it is to play Nadal on clay, but he will be aggressive.

"I will try to do my best. I will try to play aggressively with my forehand and try to finish the points on the net. But of course it's going to be difficult with Rafael on a clay court."

Jonathan Morgan :worship:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts

''I try my best if not is impossible no ?''

Never heard that one before.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts

"Uel, is gona be taf, no? I hhhave to play at mai best if not I am gona luse, for sure."

·
Registered
4,631 Posts

I'm going to miss Rafa once he retires. Whose statements will we make fun of then?

·
Registered
865 Posts

·
Registered
21,308 Posts

Humbalito. Nothing would make me happier than Ferru taking him out here, but it won't happen :sad:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

Thanx for the evening news :D

·
Banned
2,838 Posts

Nadal's mind game, NID.
He will crush Ferrer easily though pretending he is going to have a tough battle in the pre-match conference.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts

But we need tio Toni's comments on this.
"Nadal is playing well apart from the serve. But I told him he sucks, haha ha ha."

·
Registered
4,769 Posts

Borg lost in r16 and qf at rg. his only losses. nadal already lost in r16 at rg. a qf loss could be next like borg.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts

Borg lost in r16 and qf at rg. his only losses. nadal already lost in r16 at rg. a qf loss could be next like borg.
A man in Minnesota won the lottery a couple of years ago. I could be the next one this year.

·
Registered
176 Posts
" I don't really care about the BH of my opponent "

Yes yes, rafa plays the same and doesn't care if 1HBH or 2HBH, no? He plays fed Thiem the same way as Murray and djokovic no? Moonballs djoker BH same as OHBH no?

"I never feel that much of confidence"

Wins RG 8 times, 8/9 times, almost 90% Grand Slam winrate, undefeated in quarter finals and semi finals and finals.. And he's into the quarter finals... But any confidence cannot be found?!!!!!
:haha: :haha: :haha:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts