Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else think Nadal seems to be a shadow of his former self? He was once totally unstoppable on clay and just had to turn up to win any clay court competition he wanted. There seems a lot of flaws in his game lately and he just about beat an injured Nishkori, today he was a set and a break down against shitebag journey man Youzny. I feel if he goes a set and a break down against Murray then he wont be coming back from it. 1/5 on Nadal is a bit short all the same and Murray is value at 7/2. I dont like betting on Murray myself but I am looking forward to this match so I will wait till it starts and have a dink in running!

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
[email protected],50 wanted to take chardy yday but thought his odds were a bit shit didn't know about the late money on dodig
loss sucks that none of the books i use let you bet the dog to just win a set, what a bunch of cowards tab to introduce it for only a week or two

·
Registered
77 Posts
Haas felt he doesn't play at his level and throw white towel, frankly the Bulgarian plays well these days.

Bet void, at least at my bookie...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ferrer @3.40

There is big value on these odds as Ferrer plays great tennis recently and from the other hand Djokovic wrist is questionable and who knows how much he will push on it before Roland Garros.
From the other hand he didn't impressed me vs Kohli and for sure Ferrer is a better class Clay tennis player than the German and played great against outstanding Nishikori recently, lost in a few small details that match.

Recently history between Ferrer and Djok favors in big the Serbian, thus reflects the odds, BUT on clay though it's 2-1 in Spaniards favor.

In short,I don't know how much really Djokovic wish to push here further and how his wrist serves him,but with a 3.40 I am paying to find out...

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
Muzza's turning point Friday

Andy Murray 6.9 over Rafael Nadal

Nadal has played 7 matches the last 9 days. A pathetic draw in Madrid was gifting him the title before, wait, Nishikori of all people took him to 7 points away from finishing second place. Nadal was 6-0 against Kei before then.

Now Murray is in putrid form and his head is like scrambled eggs in a dumpster right now but Nadal has spent 6 hours on court the past 2 days. If that isn't enough think about the fact that Nadal has spent 6 hours on court the past 2 days and played a full slate last week.

It's an enigma to me that murray isn't better on clay. He moves superbly, has excellent patience yet great ability to strike big time winners..... But it doesn't translate, I just don't get it. A few years ago Gilles Simon, the guy who took Nadal to 3 hours and 18 minutes but came on the short end of the stick say himself he's a poor mans version of Murray.

Ironically enough the best finish Muzza has ever had on clay was when he he lost in a 3rd set tiebreaker to Nole here. Throw out all the numbers. Remember when Federer beat Nadal in Madrid on clay after Nadal barely beat Nole in the longest 3 setter we've had in over a decade? Well 6 hours on court over the last 2 days and his 8th match in 9 days is enough for me to pass up.

I'm betting this at a "one ball served site" in case Nadal retires, and he will, which will still give me a win.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts