Mens Tennis Forums banner

2561 - 2580 of 2587 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are Grand Slam qualifying ranking points added to rankings after the tournament ends, just like points form the Slam itself? That seems to be the case from what I could see, but I was hoping someone could confirm.

·
Registered
17,595 Posts
Are Grand Slam qualifying ranking points added to rankings after the tournament ends, just like points form the Slam itself? That seems to be the case from what I could see, but I was hoping someone could confirm.
Yes, it is of that way

·
Registered
351 Posts
Why aren't tennis matches scheduled earlier in the day? For example, why don't they start US Open matches at 9am? It's certainly light enough then.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Hey, do you have a link to full Roalnd Garros final???

·
Registered
14,694 Posts
Why aren't tennis matches scheduled earlier in the day? For example, why don't they start US Open matches at 9am? It's certainly light enough then.
Because US Open organizers are caring for their local crowd, not wanting to please the viewers in Europe or Australia.
Primarily their money is coming from the tickets and the ads which the Northern American TV stations broadcast.

·
Premium Member
9,081 Posts
Indoor does not mean fast play, Cincy is faster than Bercy or London (it is a combination with surface used).

Topspin which is favoured in the wind because far less risky than flat shot, is less favoured by lack of wind, but what destroys topspin is that most of the indoor tournaments have low bounces surfaces that definetely change topspin into a gift.

But I remember a Challenger in French Brittany held on Indoor Clay and it was a Topspinner fest, so it is really a matter of surfaces.

Players with a very accurate ball but no power at all are favoured indoor because outdoor wind would kill their accuracy and let only the non powerfullness of their ball blatant.
That is probably why Djokovic can pile successes indoor but even if fit and highly motivated he was not able in the wind to defeat Murray in USO final or Thiem in French SF even if both had blatantly lapses.

Last is psychological, as some people feel safe at home, or some feel freed outside, I guess some players feel more comfortable outside with natural light and fresh air and other prefers articial light and air conditionned but walls around.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Why does Gerard Pique run the Davis Cup?

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Why does Gerard Pique run the Davis Cup?
Cuz he got jealous of Nadal getting deployed by Pique's girl Shakira in one of her steamy hot music videos.

Taking over Davis Cup was basically revenge.

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
How do I unblock someone?
If you mean removing someone from ignore, you can do it in two ways:
1. Open that person's profile and click "unignore";
2. Click on your own avatar at the top of the page -> account settings -> Ignoring;

In the past such question were addressed in "Ask The Mods" thread in the Feedback subforum. Today there's a semi active "Community Help" section at the bottom of the main forum list, where nobody can help nobody, because nobody knows what's going on. :p

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
If you mean removing someone from ignore, you can do it in two ways:
1. Open that person's profile and click "unignore";
2. Click on your own avatar at the top of the page -> account settings -> Ignoring;

In the past such question were addressed in "Ask The Mods" thread in the Feedback subforum. Today there's a semi active "Community Help" section at the bottom of the main forum list, where nobody can help nobody, because nobody knows what's going on. :p
That worked thanks!

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
I've been trying to search the lyrics to find the song, but I've had no luck so I thought I'd see if anyone on here may know.

At the end of the third set, ESPN segued into a video montage of Wawrinka and Zverev, set to a pop-techno song. I loved the song and searched everywhere but haven't been able to find out either the name of the song or the artist.

It's a long shot, but does anyone recognise the song (if, by chance, they saw that video montage).

Thank you

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
i will make a random wild guess, Dance Monkey (Tones and i)
haven't seen the match but they play this song often during changeovers

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I feel you dawg. I hear awesome songs all the time at sports events and can’t ever grasp the lyrics or name.

·
Premium Member
8,686 Posts
Use Shazam.

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
I could have sworn that a year or so ago it was announced that the number of seeds at slams would be reduced to 16, starting with this year's Australian Open. Did I get the year wrong, or have the powers that be changed their minds?

2561 - 2580 of 2587 Posts