Mens Tennis Forums banner

2541 - 2560 of 2587 Posts

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,745 Posts
Do all players have post-match press conferences in Slams? Starting with which round? Or on what courts? For example Nadal had one after losing yesterday but I can't find one given by Nishikori, even tho they were beaten in the same stage and on the same court.
it's here:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Will the 16-seed Grand Slam push through next year?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Where is a thread called 'there is not a single player in his 20s that won a Slam' i searched but can't find it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Sorry if it's not the right place to ask this but :
About Saturday semi-finals, do we know which winner and runner-up are playing at day and night session, or is it up to tournament scheduling?
My question is, if Djokovic and Federer play each other, are they going to play for night session?
Thanks !

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Sorry if it's not the right place to ask this but :
About Saturday semi-finals, do we know which winner and runner-up are playing at day and night session, or is it up to tournament scheduling?
My question is, if Djokovic and Federer play each other, are they going to play for night session?
Thanks !
I think it depends on Friday schedule.

If Djokovic plays his match against Cilic on the day session, they'll schedule him for the day session on Saturday no matter who he plays against. If it's night session on Friday, then it's night session on Saturday. You get the idea I guess :O

·
Registered
314 Posts
OK thank you, so it's 100% that it's up to tournament scheduling ? If it's a Fedole semi-final, I can't see them not putting it on night session.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Do you have ANY information regarding Kooyong Classic 2019?
According to their home page, the date and the players are not confirmed yet.
Kooyong Classic | 8 - 10 January 2019 Priceline Pharmacy Kooyong Classic
Nov. 26 is the deadline for main draw entry of Sydney(250) and Auckland(250) (Jan. 7 ~ Jan 13 week).
Therefore, I think IMG should be busy for adjusting the schedule and the players.

By the way, I can not find any information regarding Kooyong Classic 2019.
Does anybody has any information regarding the event?

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,745 Posts
Do you have ANY information regarding Kooyong Classic 2019?
According to their home page, the date and the players are not confirmed yet.
Kooyong Classic | 8 - 10 January 2019 Priceline Pharmacy Kooyong Classic
Nov. 26 is the deadline for main draw entry of Sydney(250) and Auckland(250) (Jan. 7 ~ Jan 13 week).
Therefore, I think IMG should be busy for adjusting the schedule and the players.

By the way, I can not find any information regarding Kooyong Classic 2019.
Does anybody has any information regarding the event?
Kooyong is not an 'official' ATP/WTA event. It is akin to the Boodles exhibition. Therefore commitments will tend to vary days before it happens though they will have a tentative player lineup.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Has anyone tried booking AO tickets online?
It's my first time using it, I wonder why I can't choose seats on the system when I buy a single ticket.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Anyone know when us open tickets go on sale?

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Could there be new racket restrictions/rules to slow down the speed/strength of the racket and increase the possibility of rallies? similar to slowing down the court speed in the last decades? was this ever considered? would that be possible?

·
Registered
809 Posts
In view of Tsitsipas' progress (and the fact this question will probably be obsolete in 12 hours) has anyone ever beaten Federer, Nadal and Djokovic in the same tournament.

·
Registered
741 Posts
In view of Tsitsipas' progress (and the fact this question will probably be obsolete in 12 hours) has anyone ever beaten Federer, Nadal and Djokovic in the same tournament.
I believe this is the only time...

2007 Madrid:

QF Nalbandian over Nadal (6-1, 6-2)
SF Nalbandian over Djokovic (6-4, 7-6)
F Nalbandian over Federer (1-6, 6-3, 6-3)

EDIT: Previous poster beat me to it ^^^

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Does anyone know if Aces and DF's are included/accounted in total number of winners and unforced errors?
If yes then in order to know who really dominated from the baseline from a betting/handiccaping perpective i just need to substract Aces and DF's from winners and unforced errors right?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Does anyone know if Aces and DF's are included/accounted in total number of winners and unforced errors?
If yes then in order to know who really dominated from the baseline from a betting/handiccaping perpective i just need to substract Aces and DF's from winners and unforced errors right?
There are no official rules for "winner" or "unforced error" as far as i know.
So someone counts aces as winners and somebody not.
However, I guess most of the tennis fans or tournaments count aces as winners and count double faults as unforced error.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Some questions about Protected Ranking (PR) eligiblility.

Supposing that a player (A) has been injured and his last tournament finished at 17 February.
After 6 monthes, 17 August, he becomes eligible for PR.

Then, for which tournament he can use the PR for the first time?
Can he use the PR for Winston-Salem Open, which starts at 18 August?
Or can he only use the PR for China open for the first time (for tour Level main draw) because China open main draw entry deadline is 19 August?

I read the rule book but it seems very vague.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Some questions about Protected Ranking (PR) eligiblility.

Supposing that a player (A) has been injured and his last tournament finished at 17 February.
After 6 monthes, 17 August, he becomes eligible for PR.

Then, for which tournament he can use the PR for the first time?
Can he use the PR for Winston-Salem Open, which starts at 18 August?
Or can he only use the PR for China open for the first time (for tour Level main draw) because China open main draw entry deadline is 19 August?

I read the rule book but it seems very vague.
Winston-Salem Open main draw entry deadline is also 19 August even if it starts the day before. Yes, player (A) will be able to use his PR

2541 - 2560 of 2587 Posts