Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's have one thread for questions instead of a new one everytime someone has a question. :)

I have a question actually. Does anyone know if Richard had a mentor when he came onto the tour? We all know that Moya was Nadal's mentor, but did Richard have one?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I would think that his mentor would have been someone from the French Federation as that's the program that he would have emerged from. They always use someone of their own as mentor I believe, just the way the federation works.. Not sure who it is, but if I find out ill mention =)

·
Registered
55,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oskyldig said:
I would think that his mentor would have been someone from the French Federation as that's the program that he would have emerged from. They always use someone of their own as mentor I believe, just the way the federation works.. Not sure who it is, but if I find out ill mention =)
I'm not sure about that. I had the impression that mentors were assigned by the WTA/ATP. For example, ASV was assigned to mentor Sveta Kuznetsova.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
i don't think they're always asisgned sometimes it just happend carlos was never assigned to rafa as such i don't think

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
As far as I know Richard didn't have a mentor like the Carlos-Rafael thing. But then again I could be wrong(as I usually am). But if I do find anything I'll be sure to post it.
:)

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
i've never heard him mention one and even in the juniors there was never one mentioned so i would assume no!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
mm in his official website some1 asked this question:
if he wasn´t a tennis player, what could he have
studied??...become what??

and we r still guessing
any1 knows??
:D

·
Registered
103 Posts
hey is richard an only child?

·
Registered
9,405 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
i'm an only child too! they rock!! :) :)

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
that's cool! I have 2 older brothers but I like it, I can't imagine them not being around! ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts