Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before gluten diet Novak suffered with asthma, indigestion and other problems which often caused him to take medical breaks and quit during matches. He faced a lot of criticims for it from press and fellow players and was accused of faking injuries.

Like federer
I don’t trust his injuries. I’m serious. I think he’s a joke, you know, when it comes down to his injuries
also that shithead Roddick accused him of faking injuries.

anyway, since his new diet Novak is new person. obviosuly he had issues with health and all this criticism was people taunting Novak for health issue which is a dick thing to do.

i wonder, does any of those people expressed remorse for it? media, players?

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
ATP Player Council President scandal

i wonder, does any of those people expressed remorse for it? media, players?
Fed won't apologize at this point because he can't afford to encourage Nole (he still has to play against him).

Seeing that quote again reminds me of how judgmental and ruthless Fed was in trying to undermine the confidence of his main rivals.

Federer benefited from higher levels of conditioning from being on the tour longer (it takes a while to develop stamina these days because of the increased physicality of the game), but he tried to hide that fact when he persecuted Nole. He thought he was qualified to pass judgment on Nole's real physical challenges and ignored the medical procedures done to improve Nole's breathing.

Even more lamentable is the fact that he sat in the bully pulpit as ATP Player Council President for the last 6 years. Consider the following cynical comment:

"We were able to be united and I think that's a huge part moving forward: that the players listen to each other, and that they trust each other, because then, as a tour, we can be much more successful.”
What Fed really wanted to say was "so I can be much more successful."

To this day, Fed undermines the "success" of the sport by belittling Nadal as a "one dimensional" player (How is that supposed to sell tickets? Who wants to pay to see a "dull" and boring tennis player playing tennis?). Calling another rival a "faker" or a "joke" player won't fill the stands either. Would you spend money to watch a player with those qualities?

Even first year business students examining this case study would say "Fed you're fired!"

Fed knew it would've been better for the game to speak to Nole in private about these things. Instead he went to the media in a cloak and dagger kind of way and aired the tour's dirty laundry by unwittingly broadcasting everything which was wrong with the tour. Recently he's made cynical overtures for reconciliation because he couldn't explain away the success of his main rivals any longer. He tried to assign equal blame and revise history for the strained relationship with Nole, and refused to admit that he was the abuser.

His lack of business acumen is not his greatest sin, there are a lot of poor business people in the world who are good people. No, Fed's biggest sin is that he tried to create a cult with him as infallible leader while subverting the competitive nature of the game. While he was ruthless with Nole, and rude towards Nadal, I'd say he's been largely neglectful of Murray (despite hissing at him at the net at the AO). He mocks other players in interviews and belittles their achievements. That's not to say that Fed's incapable of displays of affection since his greatest love is reserved for those who actively promote the "Fed Cult."

also that shithead Roddick accused him of faking injuries.
Sadly, "my man Roddick" is more interested in being praised by Federer than he is in getting to the truth. He can be seen on some sport show these days reminiscing about accosting Nole in the locker room.

It will take years for the new ATP Player Council President to sort out all the damage Roger Federer has done.

And no OP, any remorse cannot be found. LMAO

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
At Wimbledon trophy ceremony Fedrer said that he didn't think that he will able to play 5 sets against such "atlete" like Novak.:eek: And we are surpprised that his "fans" call Novak Gymnast,Faker :rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts