Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You've worked your tail off to be good at this game; you've sacrificed social engagements, other interests, possible relationships and your body for this sport. What's it feel like to lose to the young guys just coming up who have nowhere near the dedication you have, but they have the raw strength and reaction to the ball? Do you feel betrayed by your own body?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should clarify that I truly want to know how this transition mentally and emotionally effects you? I've never really played tennis but am thinking of taking it up, but I've seen athletic performance deterioration in other areas, specifically in the joints and, if I can be honest, it absolutely sucks! I don't emotionally feel less of a man, but I am questioning who do I become if I can no longer be good at the things I used to be good at. I don't feel like I'm getting terribly older but it's frustrating when my body can't/won't perform to previous levels.
I'm researching some solutions to regain some quickness and joint mobility, and was asking if I'm not the only one experiencing this to see if what I'm finding is worth taking my time to share.
I appreciate your honest comments.
Kyle

·
Registered
3 Posts
You've worked your tail off to be good at this game; you've sacrificed social engagements, other interests, possible relationships, your body heck even your consulting business for this sport. You stopped selling courses on Tennis and started playing it. What's it feel like to lose to the young guys just coming up who have nowhere near the dedication you have, but they have the raw strength and reaction to the ball? Do you feel betrayed by your own body?
Ohhhhhh this is a tough one. I'm not that good but does Age matter in Tennis? I'm assuming if you are good, you are probably in good shape and have your diet in check as well. I'm 34 apparently (Feel 17 really). Mathematically I'm young I guess. I would think I would actually be a better player now then ever before. More control over my speed and skills, etc. That reminds me, must buy more tennis balls :)

·
Your visions will happen
50,049 Posts
You can be a great athlete at any age, you have guys making 6-7 figures a year playing even just doubles WELL into their 40's

Diet, training, stretching, massage, physiotherapy, supplementation. And you can do it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts