Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did Novak give Roddick the point or did he not hear the umpire's let call and went on so the umpire assumed Novak was giving him the point?

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Pure class from Nole. :worship:

No other player in the world would have given that. For the first time I would definitely admit that he's a true sportsman.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
At 5:4 in the tie-break Roddick served an ace but the referee said "net, first serve". Djokovic found this serve as a good one and gave Roddick point double setpoint.

Djokovic :worship: Great personality.

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
:eek:
I'm impressed
Novak :bowdown:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Great sportmanship by Nole... although I would have liked to see Novak take the set. :tears:

·
Registered
7,342 Posts
Why not? It was good serve clearly.
This is situation where sportmanship matters, and not all those ballbouncing talk...
That's why we have an umpire...if he calls a net you take it. You think your opponent will repay you in kind with a free point if you don't?

·
Registered
244 Posts
That's why we have an umpire...if he calls a net you take it. You think your opponent will repay you in kind with a free point if you don't?
That doesn't matter. maybe we see sportmanship in different way. For me this is definition of sportmanship. You should never allow that someone steal well deserved point from your opponent. Aside from that, you should do everything you can to win. Even if it is 30 ball bounces before serve. Players are paid to be prepared for all kind of psychological games on court, and should not whine if someone like to bounce ball a lot before serve. But when you see umpire is wrong, you should always correct him, even if the umpire call is against you. Thats what sportmanship is all about. That would give us players that will fight with all they have to win, but not by stealing from their opponents.

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
Ala, Roddick v. Verdasco only that was a match point df.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I was shocked he did it, I can't even call it 'pleasently surprised' - I just went "Huh?!"

I wonder if those two meet often for beer, Pitza and imitation contests of Rafa and Roger.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts