Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry moderators i had a question about futures but didn't know where exactly to post it,so i post it here if it's not the right place,please let me know and move it somewhere else!

i saw the futures' factsheets and thought those events with (+H) next to them are with free hospitality!
but still there's a price for hotels to pay in the fact sheets,can someone explain to me what's it for??
and what does (+H) mean in factsheets?:confused:
thanks in advance...:wavey:

·
Premium Member
8,972 Posts
sorry moderators i had a question about futures but didn't know where exactly to post it,so i post it here if it's not the right place,please let me know and move it somewhere else!

i saw the futures' factsheets and thought those events with (+H) next to them are with free hospitality!
but still there's a price for hotels to pay in the fact sheets,can someone explain to me what's it for??
and what does (+H) mean in factsheets?:confused:
thanks in advance...:wavey:
Hospitality. :yeah:

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
then can you tell me how's hopitality?? is it free or still payable?

·
Registered
26,080 Posts
Usually the players from qualifying don't get H during qualifying, so I guess the hotel price is an info for them.

·
Premium Member
8,972 Posts
Usually the players from qualifying don't get H during qualifying, so I guess the hotel price is an info for them.
Tournaments arrange discounted hotel prices anyway, and can book it for you - so players requiring extra rooms for family, friends etc. and qualifying players use this information.

Also, the MD players don't always get a free room, it is often designed that the per diem paid to the players will cover accommodation, so they too need to know the cost of rooms.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Normal hospitality rules are
Main draw singles: from Saturday 5 nights minimum and night after lost in main draw
Doubles main draw: Until the night after the elimination.

So players very often also have to pay few nights before leaving to next tournament.

Hospitality is not very commonly used in Futures as the cost for the organiser can be substantial, in Europe easily 10.000 euros per tournament. And in Finland even more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts