Mens Tennis Forums banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
73,673 Posts
querrey seems to have quite some fans. i wonder where and how he gained those :shrug:

dylan, you are not really a fan of this mug are you?

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Well done to Querrey for winning his first title. :yeah: He stepped up his game after the first set loss and started to do a bit more damage with his forehand. Admittedly I thought it was a bit of a dull match though aside from some big forehands from Querrey every now and then.

Incredibly, Anderson's first serve percentage was around 90% in the first set. :eek: Despite having a large number of break point opportunities, most of them were during the 5-3 game in the first set that he eventually served out afterwards anyway so that stat is misleading.

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
the resurgence of american tennis has started. by the time the full clay court swing comes around it'll be over though

·
Registered
39,787 Posts
so Anderson didnt convert his bps.. he was one 1 of 8 in the first set which he won anyway so how is this the deciding factor in this match? he had 2 in the 2nd none in the 3rd

he had a good run but Sam was just better

·
Banned
59,367 Posts
Anderson had 0-30 at *3-2 final set queery.

great chance for 0-40 but a weak weak weak return.

I think anderson got nervous in the final set, after all it was his 1st major final, he also had no crowd support whatsoever.

Queery was too good in the final set on serve.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
this is unbelievable. i remember watching him vs. blake in halle and the stands were taking the piss because of his ridiculous clumsiness and lack of talent (and blake was FAR from his best) and now he even wins a tournament?!

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Sam really sucked in the 1st set, while Anderson played near-perfect tennis. Sadly, Anderson was guilty of being unable to raise his level, while Sam could only get better...and was a deserved winner in the end. I'd have liked to have seen Anderson go a set and a break up (certainly had a good chance to do so on one of the bps), but, in all honesty, I doubt he would have been a "lock" to get the job done even then...Sam was getting a nice read on his serves, and had the necessary "punch" in the rallies (something Anderson lacked).

Well done Sam, but a fantastic week for Anderson also. :yeah:

Still can't really get a read on Querrey's performances / form. :confused:

·
Registered
73,673 Posts
this is unbelievable. i remember watching him vs. blake in halle and the stands were taking the piss because of his ridiculous clumsiness and lack of talent (and blake was FAR from his best) and now he even wins a tournament?!
shouldn't you be happy as you like americans?

·
Registered
433 Posts
This is so nice. I am really happy for him and wish him many more.:)

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Nice one Sam, congrats on the first tournament victory :yeah: Anderson had chances to win this but Sam was able to outgrind him eventually.

·
Premium Member
25,459 Posts
Sammug! :bigclap: His first title win, great job. :hatoff: :cool:

Is it my imagination, or was this final not sold out? That's just horrible if it's true.
That sucks. No James this year, either, and Marat and Lleyton lost early so Las Vegas likely lost some big money. The Las Vegas Mayor burning his bridges with Roddick was the best thing to happen to Andy.
The second best thing to happen to Andy was Mattress Mac getting out of the tennis business. Andy's not on the Houston clay tournament's entry list. :dance:

Americans 3 for 3 in finals this weekend - Roddick, Querrery, then Serena Williams in WTA
Yay for us! Bryans 0-4 in finals though. :unsure:

I see Bilbo's bitter about Sammy, of all people. :lol: This win is dedicated to him. :kiss:

Attachments

·
Registered
97,310 Posts
what's more shocking to me is that he seems to have quite some fans in here. i didn't noticed he has so many.
I think most are Americans, you can't blame people for supporting a compatriot, even if he has the annoying style, is a mug and often chokes.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hey All,

What a great showing by Sam. I knew two years ago when he took a set off James at this same tourney that he was going to improve and win some titles.;)

Congratulations to Sam the bam - thank you ma'am, for winning his first title.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts