·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2nd grass final for Lopez

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Great match, great grass court tennis, in the end Feliciano´s serve was the difference, basically whole match was winning easy his service games. Happy that Stepanek didn´t make it now Ivo will be seeded at Wimby

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Great to see real grass court tennis played between two great exponents of the style

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Lopez on grass is always great, his game is built for this surface. Great week by Stepanek, I hope he carries this form through.

·
23,064 Posts
Probably one of the best matches this week, and I think had 3 very unreal shots, including the one where Steps saved a Set Point after 3 shots that Lopez might looked to have finished, that crazy forehand from Lopez after that lob by Steps, then that shank that got in by Steps to make it Deuce on Lopez' serve. Good chance now for Lopez to have 2 titles on Grass within the year but Dimitrov would be hungry for his first.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
wow. really good stuff...please win one more!

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Lopez's slice is very good, better than Mugray who is overrated by murphytard

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Really good match, from what I saw of it: some great shots ... and that set point at 6-4 in the tiebreak was probably my point of the year. *That's* the sort of thing I sit through all those horrid, neverending baseline exchanges in the hope of seeing. But a shame Stepanek seemed to be running out of steam: he's played some great tennis this week, and I'd have liked to see him go further (and I don't even like the guy!)

·
Registered
21,232 Posts
Stepanek didn't look good out there today.

He doesn't have the zip on the strokes he once did. Not that he was ever a consistently powerful player. Despite that, he played quite consistently and made Lopez come up with some good plays, but they were there to be hit because Stepanek's forehand in particular was very short and his backhand just sat up perfectly for Lopez to slice - far too much powderpuff strokes from both wings straight down the middle.

It was his experience and grass court know how (particularly the movement) that made this one close. His volleying was pitiful in comparison to what we expect from Stepanek.

He made Lopez look like a powerhouse from the back of the court.

That one rally though was absolutely sensational. Without doubt, one of the best I've ever seen. Up there with any rally.

·
Registered
13,392 Posts
Lopez on grass is beautiful to see :hearts:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts