Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Sad for Baghdatis.... no luck since he forgot to thank his girl friend after that AO final

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Karma is a female.
Yeah... I mean he FORGOT to thank his girlfriend after losing the final but thanked everyone else. He is lucky to be alive.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
LOL!

What a plonker.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Wawrinka has some strong luck this year.
But you wouldn't say that about the other guy who had Berdych sh**ting himself before the semi and Nishikori injured after losing the first set 6-2, right? It's just Wawrinka who is lucky. :wavey:

·
Registered
21,308 Posts
GOATwrinka blasting opponents off the court again :lol:

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Well we all know what happens now. Wawrinka Queens 2014 champion.
This is actually pretty creepy... Wawa needs a retirement and/or walkover to win a tournament :eek:

Chennai- Pospisil retires to Wawa in the semis, Wawa wins the tournament
AO- Golubev retires to Wawa in R1, and Pospisil withdraws from R3 against him. Wawa wins the AO.
Monte Carlo- Almagro withdraws from R2 against Wawa, Wawa wins MC
Queen's- Baghdatis retires from R2 against Wawa. Wawrinka must win Queen's!

Even funnier that these are all of the retirements/WOs against Wawrinka this year, so we can safely conclude the Wawrinka will now win this tournament.

·
23,064 Posts
Well, that was disappointing. Stan probably doesn't like that, probably wanting more time on the Grass. At least he could focus on the Doubles for more practice I guess. Understandable withdrawal by Baghdatis I think -- got a WC at Wimbledon, and wanted to be ready there for a good run. If the draw opens up like 2013 he could recover points he so lost this year.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Well at least Wawrinka won. Maybe that'll be something to build off of considering his horrible RG performance. I don't expect much from him on grass, though. I think Wawa will virtually disappear until USO time.

·
23,064 Posts
Well at least Wawrinka won. Maybe that'll be something to build off of considering his horrible RG performance. I don't expect much from him on grass, though. I think Wawa will virtually disappear until USO time.
Hard to build up anything on just 5 games though. At the start I felt Stan didn't defend well, and still a little rusty in the forehand during the start. Stan served well during the start though. Funny thing that with this "win" he would reach the 3rd Round for the 1st time here, hehe. I hope he focuses well on Doubles to carry the momentum against Querrey...I am afraid that "he should be ashamed of himself" things would pop-up in thread if he loses. :scared:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts