Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
57,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kyrgios had an easy pass at *5-6 40-40 and hit an unnecessary tweener. Won a point this way earlier in the set and told someone who cheered "just lazy, really."

Seemed to tweak something in his leg at the start of the 3rd, but still really as much a mental loss as anything (though aren't they all with him?)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Queens R2 : Auger-Aliassime (8) def. Kyrgios 6-7(4), 7-6(3), 7-5

Thought for sure we were heading in a third set TB but Felix managed to find a way to break Nick. Nick playing a tweener at 40 all to go match point down :facepalm:. What a day for Felix, winning against Dimitrov and Kyrgios in the same day is no small feat !!:grin2:

·
Your visions will happen
47,139 Posts
Biggest clown ever

Can't believe I used to root for this guy

Felix also seemed done with Nick by the end of it. Very cool handshake for such an epic scoreline

·
Registered
968 Posts
Re: Queens R2 : Auger-Aliassime (8) def. Kyrgios 6-7, 7-6, 7-5

A brilliant result. As been talked about before, theres nothing to seperate Kyrgios and Karlovic other than one having 1-handed backhand and one has 2-handed. Kyrgios was under immense pressure every time the ball was in play, just like the case with Karlovic.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Queen's Club R2: FAA def Kyrgios 6-7, 7-6, 7-5

Both served very good. FAA edged out Nick at the end.

The young Canadian has improved his serve A LOT!

·
Registered
947 Posts

Shame there was no final set tiebreak, I would have loved to see whether Kyrgios would have tried or not.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts

Regardless of Nick being a clown, it's great to see Felix gets two wins in a day.

Tsitsipas next gonna be very tough.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
I'd forgotten how much I can't stand NK, this was a vivid reminder of everything that is vile about the guy.
The clown/child/thug strikes again!!!!
The constant histrionics--virtually everything he does on a court is a statement about how cool he is. Look at me!!!!!

The barely moving, the physical apathy (no attempt made to return serves) the underhanded serves, the constant tweeners, all of it disrespectful to his opponent and the sport in general.
Going berserk over a bad line call, for like 5 minutes.
The constant chatter.

He is like a malaise, a toxic cloud, on a tennis court.

So so so glad Felix kept it together and got the win.

Suck it up Kyrgios!!!!!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
The lack of respect Kyrgios shows to the game and to the opponents makes me want to punch him in the face anytime I watch him.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Kyrgios, who?

·
Registered
832 Posts
I never say this kind of MTF nonsense, but it's good to see real talent prevail today.

Can someone please explain to me how Kyrgios is good for tennis again? According to MTF he "makes crowds passionate" ...yes, by making them boo him because they're furious that they wasted money to see him put in such a pathetic effort :lol: Good riddance.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Re: Queens R2 : Auger-Aliassime (8) def. Kyrgios 6-7(4), 7-6(3), 7-5

Thought for sure we were heading in a third set TB but Felix managed to find a way to break Nick. Nick playing a tweener at 40 all to go match point down :facepalm:. What a day for Felix, winning against Dimitrov and Kyrgios in the same day is no small feat !!:grin2:
Actually, Kyrgios clearly tanked that match. He stopped trying in the last game. Still, good work from Felix. But, at 18 if he can't play five sets then he'll have trouble in the slams. So, it seems like a good sign. We'll see.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts

Regardless of Nick being a clown, it's great to see Felix gets two wins in a day.

Tsitsipas next gonna be very tough.
Actually, I don't think Tsitsipas has ever been Felix.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts