Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some very good grass tennis displayed from Duckworth, but a bad game to start the 3rd set was very costly to him.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Nice to see Duckworth back in the mix after a while. I understand he's been injured?

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Duckworth's FH slice was abominable.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Watched some of this match, was pretty much what I expected for first grass match. Berdych struggled but eventually managed to find a way as expected. Duckworth is actually not bad, would probably upset many others today. Awesome shot to take the 2nd set too.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Berdych was pretty lucky here, in the very first point of Duckworth's first service game in the 3rd set he hit an extremely fortunate net cord winner that set the tone for the game, which ended up being the decisive break.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
ducky :hug: but very nice week. too bad he didnt win today, but i expect him to qualify in wimbledon. well done!

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
Vera spent the majority of the match 25 yards behind the baseline hitting pishy mid-court balls for Berdych to blooter.

Barely watchable.

·
23,064 Posts
Interesting to see Berdych winning something ugly. I was expecting him to win this in straights with, say 2 2 scores, but being broken early, that is just crazy. Duckworth while playing good from time to time was erratic here and could've actually won this if he was Top 20-form clutch IMO. Wasn't able to hold on his break in the 1st Set, was actually up a minibreak in the 1st Set TB (lost 4 points after that 3-0* lead) and had the typical "lose 1st service game after winning tight Set against a top player" game.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts